Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

28mm ex-glavian turned smuggler sugestions please

Started by mirryhalo, October 26, 2011, 09:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keravin

Of the two I prefer the bottom one.  Maybe try making one from a laspistol to give you a smaller frame to start from.

mirryhalo

Thanks, yeah i thought the bottom one was better too. I'll try making one from a las-pistol see how that works out. I do quite like the bottom one though as it's robust and seems sturdier built which the glavian needlers are like (I'm pretty sure.....)

mirryhalo

Ok so here are the two new ones with the old favourite on top, the middle one is from a laspistol (from the IG tank sprue only laspistol I could find) and I'm not really sure what the last one is from, I think it may have been an action man toy gun or the like but when I was searching through my bits box I found it and though hey this could work. I'd probably say my favourite one is the bottom one now but I still really like the top one what do you think? 

Keravin

The middle one is a lasgun not a laspistol.   Laspistol is smaller ie what my pilot is carrying.

mirryhalo

I thought it was a laspistol becaus it didn't have a but  :-\ my bad

Keravin

Kaled

Yeah it's a lasgun with a folding stock. I really like the top pistol - but maybe you could add a toxin canister to finish it off.

Marco's right about 28mm parts - marine and ork weapons and accessories work especially well as they can fit with the 'heroic' proportions of GW's 54mm range, but other ranges can also work on more slender models. I've got some sprues of Necromunda weapons somewhere and the revolver on that is almost exactly the same size as the 54mm version. In fact, I'd say some 28mm parts look better on 54mm models than they do on the 28mm model they were intended for - the tech-marine servo harness is a good example. In fact that gives me an idea for Carthax...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

mirryhalo

Here it is with a toxin canister on it, took me while to decide which one to put on....

mirryhalo

Quote from: Kaled on October 27, 2011, 05:48:02 PM
Marco's right about 28mm parts - marine and ork weapons and accessories work especially well as they can fit with the 'heroic' proportions of GW's 54mm range

looking through my bits box I saw exactly what you and marco mean the weapons are almost the size of a models body they're huge!