Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

54mm Terrain Project

Started by precinctomega, August 16, 2009, 01:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Kaled on September 08, 2009, 05:15:59 PMobserving the proper safety precautions of course!

A big hammer and a pair of safety goggles?  :D

nice progress robey, simple and effective stuff.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: precinctomega on September 07, 2009, 03:41:25 PM
the nice, black board

so if it's a ship / hulk, are we going to invest in sheets of aluminium Mesh (althought i suspect a local car shop would be cheaper) for said board?  ;D

i think maybe more pipework / random tek is in order for a hulks interior, do look more like buildings at the mo...
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

precinctomega

I already have a collection of mechanical bits and bobs to add that "big chunks of machinery" look to the board.  I'm leaving them until last, though.

R.

Aidan

Looks great! I'm working on some 54mm scale terrain myself at the moment. How did you paint all that? Just a big brush hand a lot of black paint, or is there some way to get spraypaint not to eat foamboard?

How many of these do you plan to complete, eventually?

precinctomega

I covered all exposed foam edges with masking tape.

Actually, I initially used way too much masking tape, as I was covering edges that would never be exposed!  But I've learnt from my error.

I then added a bit of polyfilla to the edges and bases to give them a grimy look, spray-painted them black and then drybrushed them with some grey emulsion paint I had hanging around.

R.

precinctomega

Hadriel Caine

The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

kierkegaard

Extra cool indeed. Powered scenery FTW! (as young people would say...)

Ynek

Ah, I wish I knew a little about electronics, because honestly, I'm clueless, and I have often thought that a piece of terrain or a particular model would benefit from some sort of 'leccy-powered coolness.

Anyway, they're all looking good, Robey. The techniques you're using are far faster and simpler than the ones that I've been using.

If I ever see another polystyrene foam block, it'll be all too soon. I still have the nightmares.
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

precinctomega

I know sod all about electronics.  I ripped that set up wholesale out of a spider catcher*.

R.

PS. My Mum bought it for my arachnophobic wife, but she wouldn't use it ("it just gets the spiders closer to your fingers!), so I felt I could hank it to pieces.  Several other parts will have uses in the terrain.

precinctomega

Terrain so far:

I've got another set of storage containers (cardboard tubes) to set up and perhaps two more buildings to construct.  Painting shouldn't take long.  Then I just have to pick out the miniatures for the day, make sure they're painted, write character sheets and design six scenarios to see us through the day.

Easy-peasy.

???

R.

Hadriel Caine

If anyone can do it, its Robey!

Those pieces look great, they go together well but I can see lots of other ways of arranging them already.

keep it up.

Adam
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'