Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dapper's WIP Models - Now with INQ28!

Started by DapperAnarchist, August 26, 2010, 02:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shannow

Also meant to ask earlier, is there a reason the marine is so off centre on the base? Just look a little odd. Dont tease as well! Look forward to cultist!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

DapperAnarchist

Really delayed response - He's off centre to make space for the stuff on the base! And because I was silly...

So, here is a shot of most (not quite everything - my Ordo Xenos Guardian is missing) that I intend to paint over the next few weeks. Within an hour or two I hope to have sprayed the lot, and so be able to start whenever.

After these, there is more - a couple other terrain bits, the barge, a motorbike that appeared earlier in the thread, and I have the beginning stages of 1) A Necron Lord, 2) a "nobleganger", and 3) a pair of Eldar on a scenic base. Also, I have plans for a Techspirant - a Space Marine in training to be a Techmarine. So, lots!

+++EDIT+++

And here they are all sprayed up...

Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

DapperAnarchist

Double Post! Thought I'd make this separate, as its a model. The first one, the Nurgle Cultist Dhul Kharnain, is almost done. More highlights, more detail, and the base, then he's done. My intent here was to paint a nurgle character without a single bit of green - I didn't even use Rotting Flesh.

The skin is worked up from Iyaden Darksun (my favourite basecoat right now - good for skin, light colours, gold, brass, some browns, its great), with various thin coats of Bleached Bone, Elf Flesh, and Skull White, with two thick washes of Devlan over it.

The rust is boltgun, devlan wash, scab red drybrush, snakebite drybrush, boltgun light drybrush, and another devlan wash (Devlan is very important here!)

The pustules are meant to resemble the Black Death -what more nurgley disease could there be? The larger ones are currently a bit dark and need to be picked out in red, to make them look swollen... perhaps with yellowy-white in the middle, for some infection-horror.

Alyster Wick

Looking good there, really loving how your cultists are very non-traditional. There are many sides to the Gods after all...

Particularly excited for your toady slaneesh guy.

As for the nurgley fellow, great work! He's really coming together nicely. I may steal that rust procedure as the results came out very well for you. Hopefully I can build off your momentum and actually paint something...

Zakkeg

That cultist is looking brilliant. Suitably gribbly. Reminds me of something, but I can't quite seem to put my finger on it...

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with the magus. Great stuff.
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper; only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

DapperAnarchist

The Slaanesh guy ended up more... insectile, than toady. You'll see him/her soon.

Here's the finished Nurgle Cultist.

The base is covered in insect eggs, made out of poppy seeds, much like the pustules on Dhul's chest. The larger ones I've decided contain the feared Keltani Bloodworm, a predatory maggot like thing...

I'll post some almost complete Magus shots soon. He needs touching up, but has come together very quickly.

Shannow

That looks amazing! Turned out so well. Very jealous of your skills mate.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

DapperAnarchist

DapperAnarchist's guide to painting!

1) Learn to love Devlan Mud. It's the best. It's much like close air support - it covereth a multitude of sins.

2) Accept that to get the depth of colour without clogging the model, you will have to paint more than one layer of each colour.

3) Think harder about colour choice.

4) Really, really love Devlan Mud.

DapperAnarchist

So, a PIP of Zoth Zhar, the Tzeentch Magus.

more
more
more
front freehand
Rear freehand

The freehand has been worked on a bit since then the book too, and the base. He's actually nearly done. Given that Belhinos, my psychic inquisitor, is also nearly done (photos in the morning), this is going quite fast. While the previous model was an attempt to paint a Nurgle Cultist without green, this is an attempt to paint a model so that you can see the psychic/sorcerous powers - hence the white hand, and the crude glowing effect on the base.

Adlan

Very nice. Looks nicely mutated without being a spawnish type.

Zakkeg

I find I am not disappointed. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Might have to nick the idea of using Mr. Meltyface as a giant candle too. ;D
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper; only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Shannow

Time to die.

DapperAnarchist

Two models to post today - the completed, pre-varnishing Magus, Zoth-zsar, and the mostly completed Inquistor, Belhinos.

Zoth-zsar first

The book has been changed to be more ordinary, and free hands have been touched up, there's been some more highlighting, and the glow effect on the base has been made stronger.

Here's a shot of his "magic arm"

I didn't want him to be just gesturing, but for the power he's summoning up to be visible.

More
More
More
More
More

And here's Belhinos.

Yes, the interior of her cloak is gold.  I wanted to give the impression that, as an Inquisitor, she is a Very Very Important Person - specifically, More Important Than You. The outside of the cloak, and most of her clothing, is a plain dark grey, which harks back to the character's time in an Adeptus Astra Telepathica training school.

Here's a close up of her face, showing her Spades breast tattoo - a little bit of Blanchism, basically. There's a little bit of an attempt at OSL, which needs either a lot of work... or to be gotten rid of.

More
More
More

There's quite a bit to do with her, but I may set her aside for a bit...

DapperAnarchist

Here's my Daemonhost, Glasya-Labolas. This was actually painted to this level weeks and weeks ago, but was put aside for the marathon. This will be the... third version? Maybe fourth? Still based on the same much-butchered arcoflagellant, but now with a Spawn head and some new bindings.

More
More
More
More

I'm also working on the final cultist, then will work on the Slaaneshi marine.

DapperAnarchist

And the Daemonhost is finished. I've been working on this model in various forms for about... 3 or 4 years now. I think I can now stop, it's finished.

This Spawn head is one of my favourites, actually - Lovecraftian and disturbing, equally suited to Undivided, Nurgle, Tzeentch or Slaanesh. Here you can also see the binding marks - based, roughly, on mystic sigils.

He's also in a binding circle. The circle itself is based on Alchemical symbols, such as the symbol of Chaos or Void.

I added an Imperial Eagle and some writing.

He also has the Sigil of Glasya Labolas on the rear loincloth - the front one has the Inquisition I. This is a rough version of the "actual" sigil of Glasya Labolas, found in Enochian or Goetic magic.

More here here and here