Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Antonine Amulets - Inquisitor Campaign Day @ Warhammer World

Started by Van Helser, August 30, 2010, 10:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

Morning all

I got back from my hols on Saturday and figured it was time to start greasing the wheels of the next Warhammer World Inquisitor campaign day that I promised to run back at the March meeting.  The plan is in place for the secrets of The Antonine Amulets to be revealed now.

However, having been in contact with Warhammer World, getting a suitable date organised looks problematic.  They have a rather irritating policy of only opening the books two months in advance, otherwise I would have had this arranged months ago.  October would have been ideal, but all the weekends I can make are booked up with events.  I am unavailable all of November due to more holiday plans (oh how the other half live!), and I would think December is out as the Inquisitor Grand Tournament couldn't be run in its traditional month this year.  Super-short notice as it is, Saturday the 25th of September is available.  If about 10 people can commit to that in the next week then I'll run the day, but if not, it looks like I won't be able to run the campaign until the new year.  Of course, if someone else wants to step into the breach to organise something for November then please do.  The Antonine Amulets can stay under wraps until a more suitable time arrives.

So, any players game for the 25th of September?

Ruaridh

greenstuff_gav

i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Piddle. Much though I'd love to be there, that's one of the few weekends I've got booked for months. I'll be playing even more of an anorak than normal that weekend - so, yes, that means I'll be at the Severn Valley Railway's Autumn Gala.

Steam locomotive enthusiast AND a roleplayer/wargamer. I really am a massive social pariah, aren't I? :P
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

I've checked and I'm free, so if it's on I should be there...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Myriad

I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Shannow

Again I'm as Marco, love to attend my first conclave event, but have had a day of work booked for an age :( sounds intriguing though!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Kresten

Bah, the london tattoo conventions on that weekend!

alas I cannot attend, any other weekend and id be there with bells on!
"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn"

Kaled

I may have spoken too soon - I've just been reminded that my mum's birthday is on the following Monday (I should probably have known that without needing to be reminded!) so there's good chance we'll be going out for a meal on either the Saturday or Sunday. I may still be able to come as they live considerably closer to Nottingham than I do, but I may need to leave early...

Myriad

Hmm.  I seem to recall Robey mentioning Maelstrom games opening a venue near Nottingham.  Might this be worth a look, if the problem with October is that Warhammer World is booked up?
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

greenstuff_gav

Maelstrom Games are in Mannsfield, use of the hall is free, but you have to buy your drinks there...
i may have a contact i can poke if peole don't mind playing away from WHW (Maelstrom lack decent sized terrain as well mind :( )

they got a few tables :)

(each 12'x6', 9 or 10 per row :O )
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

precinctomega

Games Day is 26th September, so the day before is definitely not going to get approval from SWMBO.

However, having said that, I might be able to manipulate some contacts to give us the chance to book a date further away than 2 months.

R.

Van Helser

Buggrit - Games Day. Forgot about that little sausage. I imagine you won't be the only one attending that Robey. I'm beginning to think that I should really just bottle up the Amulets until the new year. I'd much prefer to put on a day that a bunch of you can enjoy.

I think Warhammer World appeals to me more than Maelstrom games due to Bugman's, good terrain and the potential to do some shopping. Old stick in the mud I may be.

What sort of date next year would be good for folk? If you could wrangle a day in January Robey, that would be great. Plenty of notice really is a requirement for these events - shame Warhammer World took the ability to plan in advance away from us!

Ruaridh

Kaled

Quote from: Van Helser on August 31, 2010, 06:02:50 PM
Plenty of notice really is a requirement for these events - shame Warhammer World took the ability to plan in advance away from us!
Maybe try asking to speak to a member of their events team - that's who I went through to organise the Spring Conclave & IGT.  You can only book a month or two in advance if you go through the WHW staff, but the events team should let you book much further in advance (but you'll be restricted to weekends that aren't free play weekends and don't have some other event on).

Necris

This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Van Helser

Well, that's been a week and I don't have ten players, so I'll have to forego running the day on the 25th. I think the new year is much more reasonable. End of January sound good to people? Leaves a couple of months before the Grand Tournament. Could of course put it off til after the tournament, but I need my Inquisitor fix! I'll try and get in contact with the events team soon to see what would be available.

Ruaridh