Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Possible Conclave Community Project

Started by Macabre, August 17, 2010, 07:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Van Helser on August 18, 2010, 10:37:15 AMIt would be great to see some more Dark Magenta battle reports too
Ahem, yes, must get round to writing up that game we had at Christmas  ::)
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Van Helser

The irony is so delicious!

Had honestly forgotten we planned to write them up.  Woe is me.

Macabre

Are there any more thoughts or opinions on this idea? If not, that's a worryingly small response from what used to be a large community.
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

Kaled

It'd be a shame to see this die, but I think it was perhaps a little ambitious. From experience I've found that motivating enough people for these things is pretty difficult (we didn't get a huge number of entries for the last Hobby Competition and that had well over £150 worth of prizes up for grabs!). That said, I still think this could work and be very good, but maybe a change of approach is needed (and maybe a bit more incentive to help get people involved...).  It would be a shame to give up on this just yet.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Acolyte Havlan Tome

How about a group of people each have an input into a single character. You could open a topic on the character and each person gives ideas on stats, equipment, skills, background, history or the figure we will use to create him/her. At the end then one person writes up the character using all the suggestions. In the end we would have a sort of Inquisitor Conclave?!?!?!
If you catch sight of me twice your either lucky or not worth exterminating

Shannow

Well both Marco and I have expressed interest in being one of the four, among those who have commented on this thread and its related ones are there two others who are keen? Just sorting that out would get the ball rolling for what people would want to see and what they should be aiming for etc
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Kaled

I thought the idea was that this was a different project to the Tale of Four Gamers?  Something involving a lot more people designing characters...

Shannow

Ah yes, my confused mind remembering things incorrectly, and as being over confident in my memory I did not read the through the original post.....

Apologies to all
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Macabre

Kaled has it right on the money. Its meant to be a joint project that all the conclave can become involved in.
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

Kaled

But by 'all the conclave', I'd expect to see no more than half a dozen people actually getting involved - at least at first.  Once it gets going then maybe more people would join in.  Rather than just discussing the idea here, why not start it off and see how it goes?

precinctomega

"Being involved" can also mean "watching with interest".

R.