Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Guitars

Started by Kaled, August 30, 2010, 08:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

It's been a while since I built a model, but I've just started on a Navigator and I like the idea of him having a guitar slung across his back. So, I need a guitar (or similar) and would rather not have to build it myself.  There's a 54mm one on Historex, but it doesn't fit the heroic proportions of Inquisitor and is rather small. Anyone know where I can find such a thing, either from a model or toy?

- Dave
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Heroka Vendile

you do get small guitars....

why not make something more fanciful, but is basically some kind of (d)evolution of a guitar? therefore recognisable, but a bit different.

I'm pretty sure Andrea have a guitar of some-sort available separately, but i may be wrong.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

phil-o-mat

playmobil has several toys with guitars, some are on ebay.  
hope this helps.

phil

precinctomega

I can't help thinking of Vitali Gogol, Navigator for Inquisitor Jaq Draco, who, IIRC, played the mandolin...

R.

MarcoSkoll

... and I can't help thinking of Tubular Bells whenever I hear the word mandolin.

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on August 30, 2010, 08:35:19 PMwhy not make something more fanciful, but is basically some kind of (d)evolution of a guitar? therefore recognisable, but a bit different.
Guitar Hero controller? :P
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

I had originally planned on making the guitar myself, but wasn't sure I could pull off a convincing minature stringed instrument - but the idea of a kind of Guitar Hero controller type thing might be do-able if I can't find one somewhere.

Vermis

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on August 31, 2010, 04:52:01 PM
... and I can't help thinking of Tubular Bells whenever I hear the word mandolin.

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on August 30, 2010, 08:35:19 PMwhy not make something more fanciful, but is basically some kind of (d)evolution of a guitar? therefore recognisable, but a bit different.
Guitar Hero controller? :P

That reminded me of something, possibly some kind of keytar, or this.  And the same site has this.  And if you google 'futuristic guitar' you get a few more interesting things among the pointy rock/metal stuff.  Like this, and this, and this, and this. ;D  And look, it even suggested some scruffy heretics to purge.
www.minisculpture.co.uk - a place about pushing putty 'til it does what you want it.  Currently recuperating from being hackered and knackered.

Hadriel Caine

The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Kaled

Hmmm, that seems do-able - I had thought that wire that thick would look wrong, but it works surprisingly well.

Kaled

So, a question for all you 'Clavers who play guitar and are thus more familiar with the instrument than me - if you were building a heroic 54mm guitar, how big would it be?

If some knowledgeable person could give me approximate dimensions (length, width depth) for the body and the length of the neck that would be great.

Thanks,
Dave

Alta

I don't know much about guitars, but here is someone who made guitars for warhammer 40k:
http://www.miniwargaming.com/content/woR22393K1HQ
(for scale tyranid warriors are approximately 50mm high)
...Few things in life make sense and unfortunately for you I am not one of them...

Morcus

Your best bet is to do it by eye, possibly with some pictures of people playing guitars handy for reference. get a cereal box and draw the basic shape and size you think'll work and then see how it looks. Make adjustments based on your findings.

It will probably want to be a simillar length as a shot gun I would guess but I don't have access to my models to check (Though I do have access to several guitars).

Shannow

[quote author=Morcus link=topic=1026.msg13596#msg13596 date=1283381271

It will probably want to be a simillar length as a shot gun I would guess but I don't have access to my models to check (Though I do have access to several guitars).
[/quote]

I think tht would make it a good bit too long actually, certainly most shotguns I've used have been longer than a guitar by 4-10inches, though probably on average the lower number.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

DapperAnarchist

I'm 5 foot 6 or so (not particularly tall) and my friend's acoustic guitar is more than half my height - when on my back, with the bottom just below my waist, the head sticks out over my head...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Hadriel Caine

I'll take a picture of me with a guitar when I have a day off work (saturday I think...) depends on what ur going for. you might go or a 3/4 size guitar IRL for touring / barding type activities.

it might be easy enough to wander into a guitar shop and pick one up if you are unfamiliar (not in the purchasing sense but the physical lifting sense) give you a feel for it.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'