Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Thoughts on this model

Started by Jamas Orian, August 30, 2010, 11:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamas Orian

Worth £14.50 unpainted?

I can see an Eldar in there.

Elva

Can't tell whether the ears are pointy, and I'm a bit iffy on the hairstyle, but otherwise I rather like it. Maybe some form of noble or something like that(forgets his lessons in Eldar social castes).
"Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!!"

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Jamas Orian on August 30, 2010, 11:05:39 PMWorth £14.50 unpainted?
That would be one of Steve Buddle's models (see right near the bottom of this page). He was formerly a sculptor at GW and was behind some of the Inquisitor range - Jena Orechiel for example (unless I'm suffering a brainfart).

His stuff is easily one of the best sources of female models for Inquisitor.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Jamas Orian

The ears aren't pointy by the looks of it, but that's nothing that 5 minutes with a litte GS won't fix =D

Elva

Drat, seeing those makes me want to get into 54mm even more now.

Jamas Orian

Marco, if I end up overdrawn buying these then I'm going to blame you! xD

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Jamas Orian on August 30, 2010, 11:57:22 PMMarco, if I end up overdrawn buying these then I'm going to blame you!
Better than me being blamed for something I wasn't responsible for.

Anyway, make sure you've looked at the other pages as well - this one is also very useful.

GW's =I= articles

Jamas Orian

I've gone through the whole website and salivated muchly over the quality of the models. If I had a spare £100 I'd have bought 5 or 6 right now!

That page actually, I can see an entire Inquisitor warband.

Autumn - Psycker Inquisitor
Lady Grigoryan - Imperial Guard, Rogue Trader or Desperado
Selene - Sister of Battle
Rose - A second, lesser psycker

Frankenstein's Monster - The mutant leader that they're tracking down

Elva

I want that Selene one. Looks pretty cool and a fun challenge to paint. I think I might just purchase it.

Flinty

I have the Autumn and Dracula figures, very nicely detailed and cast - and very good, prompt service from Eolith. Wish I was half as prompt in painting them...
Neanderthal and Proud!

Dexter

I see a Dark Eldar more than I see a Craftworld Eldar.  The Princess Lea armor/lingerie is something that I would associate with a Wych Succubus.  I could see her as a Wych that has retired from preforming in the arenas, and now is more of a noble, perhaps owning her own Wych team, or even her own arena.  I'm thinking she has a very nice chair in a skybox, where slaves attend to her every need while her Wyches slaughter each other for her amusement.
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Dexter on August 31, 2010, 01:32:41 PMThe Princess Lea armor/lingerie....
That's only the painter's choice. Most versions of her I've seen have been like Kaled has done, with a more complete dress.

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

It seems I'd inadvertantly painted my version similar to Kaled's, with gloves and a long dress rather than skimpy. It also turns out that neither of us liked the face!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Dexter

Aaah, that's a bit more tasteful for a Craftworld Eldar then.  Still say it could work as a Dark Eldar noble.
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

precinctomega

She's a bit short for an Eldar, IMO.  I've always seen them as noticeably taller than the human norm and this one is quite short for a 54mm mini.  she's a lovely model, though.  I've got two and haven't painted either, yet...

R.