Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

arch magos skarath, and my return to inquisitor

Started by jamessearle0, September 03, 2010, 04:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamessearle0

so im back after what seems like (and probably is) years :)

here is a rough outline of a character ive been dying to make, just after the 'claves thoughts on 'him'
and the idea of the cerebral matrix unit in general.

also does anyone have any decent servitor rules? im planning on giving skarath a pair of servitor bodygaurds.

Arch Magos Skarath

When members of the Mechanicus reach a certain rank, such as that of arch Magos, they are given more freedom to create, some choose to build huge gatling plasma cannons, others giant mechadendrites to be used as weapons, but Skarath decided that knowledge is the most powerful weapon of all, and is currently searching for "donors" to complete the cerebral matrix unit, donors who excel in there field; from the vindicare assassin masters of ballistics, to the unimaginable xenos intelligences, to gather their brains and eventually build up the knowledge accumulated into a living library, not to mention the combat implications, what if you were able to shoot like a vindicare, then at the flick of a switch, be able to wield a weapon with the skill of a space marine, or assess the battle field situation with the skill of an imperial field marshal, the possibilities are endless, perhaps even the use of psykers brains, perhaps somehow isolating them to remove the perils of dabbling within the warp.

Ws:60
Bs:61
S:77
T:71
I:72
Wp:66
Sg:93
Nv:61
Ld:82

Armour:

Head: 4
Chest: 3
right arm:  4
Left arm: 5
Abdomen: 2
Groin: 2
Right leg:2
Left leg: 4

More machine than man (true grit)

Equipment:    
Advanced bionic right arm **s: 77**
Average bionic left arm **s: 54**
Advanced Bionic left leg
Advanced mechadendrites, (+30% to all mechanical help)
MKII scanning array (range finder, infra-scope)
MIU linked servo harness
MIU linked cerebral matrix unit
Chain axe
AMP high calibre pistol (its basically a 4 round 50.cal pistol, i might replace with something else or remove it altogether)

MKII scanning array: the scanning array is a complicated instrument comprised of various cameras and auspex's   which feed visual information, such as target distance, targets predicted motion paths, and all sorts of other less useful information, directly into his brain.

MIU linked Servo harness: incorporates a plasma-cutter (on successful test against relevant stat, counts as a plasma pistol in close combat) and a power lifting arm (on successful test against relevant stat, counts as a power fist, crush attack only)

MIU linked cerebral matrix unit
So far he has acquired the minds of an imperial guard marksman and an expert swordsman; there is a 10% chance of a malfunction when meshing the parts of Skarath's archaic brain with the highly advanced cerebral matrix unit and its organic components. If a malfunction occurs then treat the bonus applied as random (e.g. if u wanted extra bs you get ws)
It takes two actions to use the cerebral matrix unit
The cerebral matrix unit contains a praetorian refractor field, a refractor field that gives 2d6 protections on all locations

these allow him to add either :
Expert swordsman: +d10 ws – 2d10 bs
Imperial guard marksman: +d10 bs – 2d10 bs

Kaled

Quote from: jamessearle0 on September 03, 2010, 04:35:27 PM
also does anyone have any decent servitor rules? im planning on giving skarath a pair of servitor bodygaurds.
What sort of rules were you looking for? The ones in the Explorator article have always served me well.

[shameless plug]Dark Magenta have just released a nice article by some talented person that's all about Tech-Priests - you might find it useful.  I'd be interested in seeing your character built using those rules and to hear any feedback you have on them.[\shameless plug]

I'd be tempted to treat the Cerebral Whatsit as archeotech - those rules would seem to fit it well.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

jamessearle0

im just going over those now, theres definately some nice kit, and i forgot the servitor rules were in exploritors article, also since servitors are getting around 3 speed (max) would it be fair to take 3/4 and a magos?

just read my favourite extract from mechanicus in the horus heresy collected visions book, ravachol and his 4 servitors against the tech assassin,very inspiring, as for the models, i was planning on moddeling something multi-barrelled but the assault cannon is too powerful i fear, any other ideas?

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: jamessearle0 on September 06, 2010, 01:09:55 AMI was planning on moddeling something multi-barrelled but the assault cannon is too powerful i fear, any other ideas?
Model something multibarrelled, use a set of autogun rules - even a heavy stubber if you want something a bit more gutsy.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

O_o

Quote from: jamessearle0 on September 06, 2010, 01:09:55 AM
i was planning on moddeling something multi-barrelled but the assault cannon is too powerful i fear, any other ideas?

what about  something like a pepper box pistol ?? just  larger

Kaled

Quote from: jamessearle0 on September 06, 2010, 01:09:55 AM
also since servitors are getting around 3 speed (max) would it be fair to take 3/4 and a magos?
In my experience I'd say 'no' - but of course it will depend on the profile/equipment you give the servitors, who's in the oppoosing warband(s), what the scenario is, etc.  Just because they're speed 3 and somewhat inflexible doesn't make them weaker than other characters - they do have advantages of their own.

Quotei was planning on moddeling something multi-barrelled but the assault cannon is too powerful i fear, any other ideas?
I agree with Marco, just use an autogun (or a variation on the theme).

jamessearle0

Im currently rewriting Skaraths stats, and equipment, im finding the "dark magenta Mechanicus rules" to be very detailed, they add much more character i think, and look like there going to be fun to play.
Im also toying with the idea of a servo harness made form new ork killa kan arms.
Does anyone have an explanation for why some robed Mechanicus characters seem to be very tall and thin, are they presumed to be using anti-gravity technology or just using long bionic legs??

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: jamessearle0 on September 06, 2010, 01:09:55 AMAlso since servitors are getting around 3 speed (max) would it be fair to take 3/4 and a magos?
Not really. Servitors are tougher, often carry much more dangerous weapons and won't run off. Speed alone defines only part of a character - a Spd 6 character is not worth two Spd 3 characters.

I'd also say they suffer from "the Mindless problem" (which I have just named). While it's not too problematic to take one mindless character on the table, don't forget that Inquisitor is part RPG and... well, there's not much roleplay involved with servitors, which sort of defeats the point.

One servitor in a warband is one thing, but I'd suggest things like Skitarri, junior Tech-Adepts and maybe even assassin types for the remaining characters.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Quote from: jamessearle0 on September 06, 2010, 10:23:37 PM
Does anyone have an explanation for why some robed Mechanicus characters seem to be very tall and thin, are they presumed to be using anti-gravity technology or just using long bionic legs??
Just make up whatever reason seems most appropriate for your character - either of the above could work, or maybe being tall and thin is a common trait on that forge world, selective breeding, there are no doubt plenty of other possibilities too.