Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Never Ending WIPs (Random Updates)

Started by Alyster Wick, September 15, 2010, 11:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyster Wick

Gave up on painting anything before all the models I have are assembled since I like converting FAR more than painting (with the exception of two pieces I'm working on in secret ;) )

Anyway, here's the current gallery:

Thought my mutants could use some fire power.  I'm giving this guy a third arm to help hold his big gun and I'm adding a foot to his robotic leg-arm, this is just a mockup (he's also getting pants).

Here is the leader of my renegade mutants.  He rounds up his less heretical brethren and trades them to a rogue Magos Biologus in exchange for shiny things (which is also how the above guy got his fancy bionics).

And a side shot with the sword:

My Data-Runner.  He's basically Johnny Pneumonic.  When a tech priest is after forbidden tech/programs he'll often hire this guy to procure the wares/info for transport if it needs to be done under the radar.  Currently he has a Malign Intelligence hanging around in his head after transporting a daemonic program for an Inquisitor.

An exceptionally clever assassin who was being trained as a Callidus but reacted poorly to that drug that the Callidus take to be shape-shifty. An ordor Sicarius Inquisitor saved her from execution and now she's his right-hand woman.

Here is the second member of the above mentioned Sicarius band.  He resided at a satellite Temple which the Eversor program recruits from.  He is mute and was believed to be an idiot, utilized only to clean the premises but allowed to observe the training of other recruits and participated in the physical exercises as penance for his supposed stupidity.  When his room was being inspected one day a treatise on terror-tactics was discovered carved into the bottom of his bunk. Lots of work to go on this guy's story and the model itself.

I've posted this before, but I'm reposting it because I'm so happy with my purchase of Gav's techpriest.  This guy is unhappy because a string of mysterious deaths catapulted his rival past him in the pecking order.

Here's an extreme WIP and one of my new attempts at more of a self-sculpt.  Not much to look at...YET!

Here is a big mutant.  Originally he was inspired by Jason Vorhees but over time grew a personality and the model ended up being a cross between the Splatterhouse Hero and a Resident Evil villain (mostly his weapon).  He'll be in the warband of my vampyre hunting inquisitor (IT'S SO MUCH COOLER WITH A "Y"!!!!!1).  He regenerates/generated body mass very slowly (not quick enough to have the in-game regen ability) and it has allowed him to reach a super-human strength level.  He also enjoys piercing himself with sharp objects which his skin eventually heals around and bonds to his muscles.  Lots of work left, but I'm overjoyed which his splatty/rendy weapon.

His weapon, perhaps the most brutal thing I've ever constructed:

The aged vampyre hunting inquisitor.  As a young man he once indulged in the practice of using the chaotic arts to heal himself (a form of vampyrism) and now uses the enlongated life he has to destroy those who would traverse that path.  Obviously lots of self loathing and I'm working on his "Dark Passenger" rules to reflect his tenuous grasp on sanity (also I'm a big Dexter fan).

Actually this is my first hardcore Horusian Inquisitor.  I refer to him as "The First Radical" because a man fitting his description using various aliases (some of them Inquisitors) has appeared throughout the ages.  His real backstory isn't that grand, but he does have a strong network of underlings and has been known to go into cryo-hibernation after setting his plans into action.  He has a piece of archeotech grafted into his right hand which will either grant him the Psychic Impel ability or Warp Lightning (through technology, not warp connection), I haven't decided which.  He's INCREDIBLY envious of psychers.

Here's my beastman, he's actually in one of my more conservative warbands.  The hook is that he's the hidden away son of an Imperial priest that was the adviser of said conservative Inquisitor.  The priest entrusted the Inquisitor with the secret shame of his son as he was dying.  After testing the beastman, the Inquisitor believes him to be pure of spirit and allows him to serve in his entourage as penance for the sin of his existence.  Much to the anger of his more mono-dominant Interrogator, the Inquisitor gradually becomes rather fond of the beastman.  Anyway, less talk, more pics.

Here is my WIP Necron Lord.  I posted a little backstory on him a few weeks back, here he is.  Verrrry long story short, he is still infected with a technovirus and has been forced to use stripped Imperial tech to sustain himself.  He is very WIP, as in his head stops at his nose.

And, as promised, here are three daemons (well, one daemon-host and two for real daemons).  The host is very WIP, but will be missing his midsection and appear to be held together by the tentacles visible in this pic.  The second model is a Tzeentchian daemon, calling him the Changling, I'm planning to have him be a shape-shifter.  The third is the Angel of Blood.  I'm planning to Khorn up his face and have him be the sevant of the God of Iron (Krhom, at least in my universe) who was the former armorer of Khorn before Khorn discovered his love of bronze.  Krhom became one of The Seduced (in my universe, The Seduced are chaos entities which tried to realign themselves with Slaanesh after the fall, to varying degrees of success).  Krhom was spurned by Slaanesh who found his iron forms to be clumsy and in order to regain favor he must consume the souls of one million fallen Eldar (read, dark eldar) for Khorn (essentially atoning for his sin by taking souls promised to Slaanesh). Also, there'll be a tie-in with the Iron Warrior I'm working on (only in my head).

Again, less talk and more models:

Changeling

The Angel of Blood (a very WIP mockup)

I'm torn about what to arm the Angel of Blood with.  I feel like it'd be a waste to just go with the stock DP arms, plus I want to showcase his allegiance to the god of Iron.  I've been at a loss with what to do for a bit.

Anyway, due to life situations I doubt I'll be able to do substantial work between now and November 2nd, but there should be a flurry of activity after that time.  Hope you enjoy!  (it seemed like it had been a few days since someone posted a bunch of new pics)

Kallidor

Some very nifty conversion (I too enjoy converting and modelling far, far more than painting) but I think my favourite is the assassin, a really excellent model and some very clever parts use.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

RobSkib

A really nice selection of models there, I really like the revolver with the scope on it belonging to the vampyre hunter, it's so simple yet I havn't seen it before, and it's definitely an idea I may have to borrow! I also really like the beastman, it's such a well-fitting selection of stock GW parts that havn't been used before and produces a really evocative model, good job!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Necris

They all look interestingly good

One point why psychic impel or warp lightning the device looks similar to Huron's powerfist which acts as a flamer

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440207a&prodId=prod1090212

why not use some of the pyromancy abilities instead?

This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Heroka Vendile

some great stuff there.
re:the angel of blood, perhaps a giant chainaxe or a two-handed ornate smiths hammer?
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

DapperAnarchist

Chains - they'll fit both with the God of Iron image, and with the chains on the face. Two big chainwhips, for whipping the ever-loving life out of anything that comes too close. Also could let you produce a really dramatic look, with some work...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Shannow

What was the head used on the Jason Voorhees big mutant? really love that character and his rendy weapon :P and the entire sicarius warband is absolutely fantastic.

Look forward to everything being finished :)

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Necris

Its from the defiler one of its face plates I used it on my chaos marine a few years back
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Shannow

AHHH cheers for that, may see if bits and kits has it now....
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

precinctomega

QuoteHe's basically Johnny Pneumonic.

Is this a deliberate pun?

R.

Alyster Wick

Quotewhy not use some of the pyromancy abilities instead?

I definitely see your point, it DOES bear a striking resemblance. For a different character I'd go with the fire, but this guy is extremely envious of psychers and I think recreating something that can be achieved with a hand flamer (or, more covertly with a digi-flamer) wouldn't quite cut it for him.  He doesn't want to be the birthday party magician pulling scarves from his mouth, he wants to be David Copperfield and make you wonder what the heck you just saw (if that metaphor makes sense).

QuoteHe's basically Johnny Pneumonic.
Is this a deliberate pun?

Very sadly no, it's an accidental misspelling  :(.  However I was planning to try and give him some fancy pneumatics on his legs as I picture him doing lots of evading and is the type to attempt super-human leaps (preferably between two improbably high buildings in a hive or forge world somewhere).

As for the Angel of Blood, I'm thinking chains may be the ticket.  As much as I'd love to give him a giant chain weapon or ornate axe I already have two characters with large daemonicish chain weapons (the Inquisitor in here and the Red Prince, who is somewhere on the conclave) and two characters with ornate hammers (the Vorhees guys, which also has chains, and my Hecuba character, who is also somewhere on the conclave).  While more subdued, if I do it right it could look great, while also combining the best elements of a daemon with affiliations/former affiliations with my invented God of Iron, Khorn and Slaneesh. 

Vermis

Doozy of a thread.  I dunno if I'm more impressed with the model concepts or the background concepts.  I especially like the little bit of extra mythology you added onto the ruinous powers.
www.minisculpture.co.uk - a place about pushing putty 'til it does what you want it.  Currently recuperating from being hackered and knackered.

precinctomega

"Jonny Pneumonic" or even "Jonny Pneumatic" would make great names for INQ characters.

R.

Alyster Wick

Just in case my reference was too vague, I was comparing the data runner to Keanu Reeves character in this film:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Mnemonic_%28film%29

While I do like the name/possibilities for spin-offs of it, I would feel a little cheap, as if I were naming someone Luke Skyhopper or Jean Luc Picaddilly.

Shannow

Time to die.