Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

INQ28 and Dark Magenta

Started by Molotov, August 17, 2010, 11:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molotov

Both Kaled and Gav have suggested that I write an article for Dark Magenta on INQ28. I think the INQ28 angle has a lot of depth, and can be mined for many articles. Perhaps that's the problem - I've sat down on several occasions to put something together for the mag, and find myself stumped. I'm writing too much, and I don't think what I have has enough focus.

I guess what I'm after is some feedback. Most of Dark Magenta's regular readers are from the Conclave, after all. Would you be interested in an article (or a series of articles) on 28mm Inquisitor? What would you want to read? I mean, I could write something on why I've chosen 28mm Inquisitor, the perils and pitfalls of INQ28, a defence of INQ28's legitimacy... I've been a little unsure as to what to write, and some guidance would be much appreciated!
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Shannow

I think one important aspect of INQ28 that I have found as I delve into it, is the tricks and idea that may be little but that are important at a 28mm scale to making models look much more Inquisitor rather than 40k subbed or just ill fitting in the grim dark future. Certainly something that I'd be interested to read and also a piece on why this extra uniqueness and modification may (or may not) be slightly more important at that scale.

Whatever you write though, I look forward to reading as your models and terrain are just stunning!

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Molotov

Hmm... Gav had suggested something along those lines. I've seen many INQ28 warbands that use unconverted 40k miniatures (often plastic Imperial Guard, oddly enough). An article about making models suitable for INQ28... it's definitely worth considering.

Thanks!

(Any other suggestions are greatfully received!)
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Morcus

I concur. The problem I've found with INQ28 is that people make less effort and just use 40K minis. It also tempts people to try and use Aliens and Space marines alot more, and things like the combat squad warband (5 SMs with a missile launcher any one?). I like the idea on a Pitfalls article, a what not to do kind of affair.

Backyardpatrol

For me I come here/Dark magenta/warseer terrain logs  for  a kick in the ass and inspiration in both scales. I'd love to see terrain articles, conversion articles/formulas (especially on the gw 28 mm plastics), and sculpting tutorials.
Rules I can get, its the wips, tutorials and finished models that keep me working in the shop!
Instead of a one shot, how about a few short articles?

Saussure

An article or two accompanied by some nice pictures of converted models would go down very well for DM if you're still interested. As a leading exponent of the 28mm art-form, I'm sure you can knockl out something very readable, Molotov.

Herodotus Benedict Saussure
Ordo Hereticus Terran
Forum Moderator

Molotov

I'm definitely interested - I'd certainly like to contribute as much as possible to Dark Magenta. The problem is knowing exactly what to write. I think to begin with, I'll try knocking up a 'What is INQ28?" article, with an explanation of what it entails, the advantages, and some of the disadvantages.

After that, I can try to put together an article on the potential pitfalls facing INQ28 modellers - many of the common complaints such as generic models and high power levels, etc. This could or could not be seperate to the 'INQ28 modelling' article.

I do have some other article ideas that I could have a bash at, also...
- precinctomega