Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Life of the Guard OOC

Started by Necris, September 21, 2010, 08:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xeno Major

So we've got American/British Tankers, Aussie death-worlders (Isn't that appropriate), Detroit gangers (Verghast), and the World War One German Army (Kind of obvious).

Let the Tropes begin!
_____     _____
        \   /
-------}{-------
_____/   \_____

Wulf

Excellent. The more the merrier. And the more varied, the better.

Although, I must warn you, Swarbie... Any 'You call that a knife? Now this is a knife...' lines will be answered with a sharpened entrenching tool. ;)

By the way, Necris, I didn't know what kind of uniform your guys would be wearing, so I assumed it would be some sort of recon-stylish... drab, nondescript, without visible signs of rank - sanitized, if you will. Correct me if I got it wrong.

Swarbie

Ok. All's fair in love and war, and this is clearly war. Anyway, a sharpened shovel is more comparable to an axe than a knife . . .
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Xeno Major

Quote from: Swarbie on October 05, 2010, 05:42:34 AM
Ok. All's fair in love and war, and this is clearly war. Anyway, a sharpened shovel is more comparable to an axe than a knife . . .

Don't get me started on sharpened dozer blades.
_____     _____
        \   /
-------}{-------
_____/   \_____

GAZKUL

"You do not need to prove that you exist because soon you won't"

Necris

Wulf you got it fairly spot on

The overall colour of their uniforms in a dark charcoal grey colour,

They are not overly strict on uniform (something the wind the nobles up)

Officers wear a double breasted tunic, rank and file a single breasted tunic (If they wear one)

Ranks are marked out in black thread and follow imperial guard standard.

Helmets are few and far between, most soldiers wear a bandana or beret,

Every trooper has the following equipment

camo cloak (only used on deep recon missions often worn as an all weather cloak)
Las carbine (Short stocky las gun better suited recon and easily hidden)
Twin blades (Two short swords traditionally used when fighting against the nobles)
Message light (An old way of communication with a complex series of flashes)

Roose and his Provosts wear a different uniform

Their uniforms are all double breasted and a dark blue, their officer markings are greyed silver, they wear long black cloaks when operating with the Reiver's
They carry heavier las guns that use a different power cell to the Reivers (So the peasents can't steal their ammo)
They each carry a long sabre
they wear peaked hats
(Basically they look like blue commissars with black cloaks)

Gracus himself wears the grey of the regiment and his traditional black storm coat of the commissariat.

Hope that helps

Gazkul are you wanting to join with a regiment of Chem Dogs that your warband has come from? if so fine 

Kallidor always welcome.
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Kallidor

Since the action so far is revolving around only a handful of men from their respective regiments I will do the same otherwise the whole area will end up saturated with Carnate troops.

The basic premise I've been working with is a group of warriors who are, by anyone's estimation, geriatrics; they are old and they look old but these men are like Cohen the Barbarian!

The Thraex (singular: Thraexis, plural: Thraexii) are warriors from one of the lesser nation states of Carnate*. These men are not ordinary humans but the product of countless millennia of selective breeding programmes and genetic refinement producing. Compared to an ordinary human they are stronger, tougher and hardier, naturally living well over a century easily.

It's probably safe to say that these warriors are a product of a bygone age on Carnate, another attempt to create the ultimate soldier but these aren't like Space Marines and their warrior culture and the benefits of their improved physiology means they aren't a lot like soldiers as we would think of them.

In appearance they look a lot like Thracian gladiators (hence the name), most notably the massive helmet and armoured graves. These old boys are pretty tough and can take damage like an ork and so eschew wearing a lot of armour, normally being bare chested but they normally wear a heavy cloak - so a mixture of the Spartans from 300, a Roman Gladiator and an old bodybuilder and all around six foot.

The standard weapon they use is a rifle/sword type weapon, a cross between a flamberge and a 303. This is a kind of energy weapon unique to the Thraex, highly destructive it is almost impossible for an ordinary person to use because of the massive recoil. I imagine it to be a kind of particle weapon, shooting atoms down a plasma channel at velocities approaching C. Just as lasguns have a distinctive whip crack when fired the rifle also has its own sound. For a fraction of a second before firing there is a loud hiss, like that made by a cobra, similar to an intake of breath followed immediately by a massive thunderclap (hmm, sounds like a good name for the gun). The plasma channel created by the gun is equivalent to a lasgun hit but once the full force of the projectile reaches the target it can punch holes through armour or blast away massive chunks of flesh. After it has been fired the plasma channel leaves a path of smoking rings in its wake (like the rail rifle from Eraser).

Well that's the basic idea anywhere, how's it sound?

* Carnate is the home world of my Space Marine Chapter, the Prophets of Hatred and a relatively recent addition to the Imperium having been integrated back into human space several thousand years previously. The world is situated far beyond the north-eastern galactic rim in a rogue system and has been inhabited by humans since the first colonists left Earth; by quirk of warp travel it may even have been inhabited before humans left Earth.

It is not ruled by a single planetary government, much like modern day Earth it is comprised of hundreds of nation states with varying levels of technological and cultural sophistication.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Xeno Major

Hurm.

Kallidor, that sounds amazing and is very well thought out, don't get me wrong, but I think that would tip the balance of power right into your favor. Maybe send your boys directly against the Chaos Elites?

Ooh, there's an Idea. Kallidor's boys can be our heavy troopers.

All in all, we have a diverse group of soldiers working in tandem or not, much like the actual workings of the Guard.

But, I think we might want to limit how many more people join. We seem to be piling on the numbers.
_____     _____
        \   /
-------}{-------
_____/   \_____

Kallidor

You are quite correct but I only intend for there to be two or three of them just to test out the concept; in practice they won't really be any more powerful than a Guardsman in carapace armour wielding a boltgun.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Kallidor

Just to clarify, am I good to go or do this need some tweaking?
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Swarbie

Well, I say go for it, but I am but one voice.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Necris

nothing quite like geno warriors

Xeno Major

Well Kalli, you're free to hop in at any time, but I would suggest waiting, as your troops would be the ideal reinforcements for a line-breaking action. Wait until someone is in deep crud, or make up some people in deep crud, and save them. Then start fighting, and hopefully link up with one or more of our groups.

People, I will reiterate, I don't want people to stay separated, I just want them to have long posts, not "what do you want to do?" posts.
_____     _____
        \   /
-------}{-------
_____/   \_____

Kallidor

Alright, I'll work something out and getting them into the thick of it.

Also Necris, do you want/mind adding in some Chaos troops? I ran an RP on the old 'Clave which never survived the trnasition about a world falling to Chaos and I had loads of ideas for Chaos troops and creatures that I never got the chance to use (I think you were in the RP actually but since my good PC has BSOD I can't check), anyway, what do you think about adding some PC Chaos troops to the action?
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Necris

Kalli PM me with your ideas

But yes I'm fine with it

I said earlier in the thread that the enemy were split into definable groups

1. the corrupted populace

2. the professional renegade soldiers

3. something that has yet to be seen (The chaos elite) the leader caste