Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

A Few Ideas

Started by Stormgrad, October 01, 2010, 02:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormgrad

Ok so here goes, first post on the conclave, I have never played Inquisitor tho went out and bought a few of the models when the game was released and always liked the idea of a narative wargame. Alas i seemed to be the only one interested at the time and never got a game, So skip ahead a good few years ive moved a few times and the unassembled models can no longer be found, but with extra disposable cash now and a desire to get back into wargaming i was again drawn towards Inquisitor. Mostly for the Narative aspect aswell as the low number of models needed to play. So I have a few ideas for some Inquisitor Models and i was wondering if anyone had tried or thought of them.

First idea is for an Inquistorial Crusader (perhaps a interorgator)

Basic model is the Adeptus Arbites Judge but replacing the arms with Covenants (i feel theese would keep the feel of the long coat and the armour underneath the coat would keep with the heavily armoured crusader feel) and having it posed so the sword was raised high ready to strike downward (i really like the idea that this guy would forgoe a shield in favour of a larger heavier sword and rely purely on his skill aswell as his faith to protect him) sort of inspired by the picture of Inquisitor Erasmus on pg 65 of the Inq Rulebook.  I also was considering replacing the head with one from the venerable dred set to give him a knight type feel

The Second idea is to use this model http://www.andrea-miniatures.com/market/AspsProductos/foto.asp?Imagen=../../images/andrea/WS/detallegran/WS-013-04.jpg with a few more inquisitorial logos and a big one on the shield an extra couple of purity seals and by removing the flail head and attatching the head of preacher josefs hammer on the end of the flail's handle  as a small warhammer This Character would be a aged preacher possibly Find a way to attach covenants back pack to this model  for abit of aditional ranged power and because i just imagine a wandering preacher would carry a big leather book and a sturdy reliable weapon like a shotgun

Aidan

You can still get alot of the unassembled models from GW online. But as another Inquisitor gamer who went to 54mm too late, I agree it's a real pity that so many were deiscotinued.

As for your ideas, I think there's some really good stuff there. I haven't (to my knowledge) seen anything like either of them done yet, so originality is already sorted. (I do have  judge conversion with a 2-handed warhammer, but that's about as close as it gets).  

I will war you, though, that the Judge and Covenant aren't the same scale - Covenant is in the 'heroic' scale typical for Inquisitor while the Judge is inexplicably in ordinary 54mm. There's not too much differernce, but Covenant's hands might look a bit big on him. You can't be sure without trying it though.

I *really* like the look of that andreads model - it has massive potential. With Coveant's gear it can be easily made to fit 40k. In fact, seeing it  makes me even more peeved that Andreas miniatures are impractical for me to purchase here in the antipodes (I had a look into it once, and the shipping costs would be ludicrous), but if you are a Brit (or other european) you oughtn't have an issue with that.

Putting Josef's hammer head on that stave would hardly make for a 'small' warhamemr though. That hammer head is huge already. The conversion would be simple and look really good (just be sure to pin it on; having done something similar I know these things have a tendency to get knocked off in the brutality of melee combat and model transport).

Anyhow, good ideas and good luck bringing them to reality. Oh, and.

WELCOME TO THE CONCLAVE!

Oh, and - I have to say it - that weapon on the Andreas miniature is a morningstar, not a flail. A flail has multiple, smaller heads. Damn DND for getting it wrong.

-Aidan.

Alyster Wick

I've seen a judge before with a sword, may have actually been Covenant's.  It looked good in any event so I have high hopes for this guy.  I'm not sure if the venerable dread head fits scale-wise, but more power to you if it does.  The alternate helmet head for Barbaretta would work too.

Really liking the Andrea mini you picked out as well.  My sense is that adding Josef's hammer head to it would make the whole thing look a little unbalances (it would take A LOT of wrist strength to hold the hammer that way), but the rule of cool reigns supreme (as well it should), so if it looks good to you I say go for it.

Also, if you post some background in the rules section it'll probably lead to more comments (I admit I haven't checked the rules section for these characters).  Generally asking for general advice without pics yields pretty sparse results in the P&M section.  We reward eye candy!

Stormgrad

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1091.0 this thread is where im going to be posting stats for the characters in this one.

As for the hammer i think im going to try and think of a smaller alternative

Ok so i had another thought, I was thinking the Sgt Black model legs with the Duke Von Castellan top the sgt's arms and the Dukes Epaulette's and then exptending the lasgun into a long las id like a plain head id plan on painting this guy up simmilar to a praetorian guardsman