Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dark Mechanicus

Started by Flinty, October 08, 2010, 07:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flinty

For the last month or so I have been pondering the possible members and make-up of a Dark Mechanicus retinue based around the concepts used in the Dark Heresy background. It would consist of a Magos level leader with a tech priest or two, a heretek assassin type for muscle and a savant/sage.

I have yet to decide what flavour of Magos to plump for, but suspect that s/he would be fairly straight forward and be keen on fusing man and machine in order to more efficently collect, collate and process the sacred information currently being debased by the luddite lackeys of the False Emperor.  The effects of the warp on thier work being signs of the direct intervention and blessings of the Omnissiah.

The motivation of the group being that they view the Dark Mech as the true inheritor of the spirit of the Omnissiah; seeing the Ad Mech as no longer an independant faction but something subsumed into the Imperium and debased, become nothing but a minor part of the cult of the Emperor - ie heresy!

This obviously needs thinking on and expanding.   

Following Kaleds very interesting DM article, I was wondering if anyone had any alternative ideas for items such as the Potentia Coil, once they had undergone suitable mutations from exposure to the warp and aeons of tinkering and corruption? Or any fluff suggestions? Or any ideas/suggestions at all?

I'm pretty sure I have had some cracking ideas, but they have been around 3.00am once I've settled the nipper back to sleep and I wake up only remembering the crap bits.....
Neanderthal and Proud!

Kaled

Oooh, sounds interesting. Maybe start by looking at some of the more chaotic abilities/psychic powers/mutations etc and think about how such effects could be generated by means of arcane technology. Also maybe look at super powers of comic book villains and the like and come up with technobabble explanations. And given that some of these will be warp-powered and unreliable you could justify making some of them comparatively powerful but with a significant chance of them going wrong and harming the user.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat