Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

'Ere we go!

Started by Kallidor, August 17, 2009, 04:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kallidor

Just a little update on my Blood Axe Kaptin, Gogsnik.

I've got a little bit of work to do on his right hand and I need to make a cigar, the one in the pic is just a place-holder.

Then I need to make his coat and cap and add on some orky glyphs and whatnot and he'll be all finished.

Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Simeon Blackstar

An Ork in a waistcoat and tie.  That, sir, is a thing of beauty!  ;D

Kallidor

It's supposed to be somewhat of a human style military uniform, him being a Blood Axe an all but a lot of people always say they think he's a gangster ork so after I've finished Gogsnik I think that that is the look I'll go for, replete with spats and fedora.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

BeardMonk

Thats awsome. 

And also so hillarious iv snorted half of my tea up my nose.

But seriously, the sculpting on this is epic
Life is short, but the doom is long

Kallidor

Thanks  ;D

It isn't bad for a DIY but a lot of things need improvement; more photo references in future I think for one thing and more consistent measuring for another.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

greenstuff_gav

and more securing of details so that it can be cast  ;D

brilliant mini! well sculpted and great attention to detail... just not sold on the gun however  :-[
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Kallidor

I was going to give him a revolver originally but ended up doing this instead. I could have given him something much more in the style of Games Workshop but, well, what's the point. I don't think it's the size I don't quite like but the scale, the scale is off. I'll do better next time as I seem to keep saying  ::)
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Ancelyn

Another of your projects I've followed scrupulously. Great modelling 8). Love his waistcoat and the little details. I'm afraid I don't really like the gun. It's a little puny, but I suppose it fits his 19th century "gentleman about town" look.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

Kallidor

It has a smallish barrel but the gun itself is massive. Just been working on his right hand and I think I may need to cut the tip of his thumb and shorten it down a bit, a tad too long.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Kallidor

Well it has been a very long time since this thread was updated and it's probably been that long since I worked on Gogsnik but yesterday and today I've been having a little go. He's basically finished but there are a few more details to complete first.

Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

RobSkib

Holy moly! You've *actually* made him a real coat! That's incredible!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Kallidor

Thanks for the reply  ;D

I think in some ways it was easier than if I had made a Green Stuff coat but the stitching does take a while. I'm going to give it a wash of watered down PVA glue and that should harden it nicely and allow me to GS a few little bits apieces here and there, maybe put a crease or two round the arms. There's some details to be made out of plasticard, Blood Axe glyphs, orky medals, a battered metal plate to wire onto the coat rather than having it all leather (I've already made a corrugated panel to hangdown his left arm), his cigar and I think I might make him a big axe to hang over his back, rather than a boss pole.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Brother_Brimstone

Absolutely brilliant! Love the coat - the patchwork on it is great, it's an inspired touch to the model. I've not got much more to say... look forward to seeing him painted.

Kallidor

Thanks. It's just as well he's an ork and his clothes can be a little, rustic, shall we say.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Myriad

A bit rustic, but they still give the impression he's tilting at grandeur.  I really like how he's turned out.  The very picture of a gentleman officer, if he wasn't an ork.  Fitting for a blood axe of course, especially one that (Presumably) associates with humans regularly.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!