Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Heavy Bolter

Started by Ynek, November 10, 2010, 04:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ynek

Whilst working on one of my secret projects last week, I made the following heavy bolter...

If you're wondering why I plugged the barrel, it's just to make it easier to cast. I want a few of these for various things... It actually looks really good on Artemis, so I'm thinking of re-envisioning Serf Verenor as a heavy weapons dude, or just going ahead and doing a heavy weapon marine to accompany my techmarine...
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

gwrulz

I would LOVE to have two of these to make my rhino into a razorback!
Looking a Space Marine Helmet? I may have one!

viper_eX

veeery nice.
are you going to use any stock belt feeds or ammunition boxes for it?
++FLESH IS WEAK++

Ynek

Gwrulz - I'm not sure if the scale would be correct for use with a rhino... These heavy bolters might end up looking a bit too small.

Viper_eX - I'll probably just use a piece of fairly wide styrene square-tube to make an ammo hopper, with pieces of rod inside to simulate the heavy bolter ammo. Similarly, I could always just make an ammo-belt or ammo-feed using plasticard.

The reason that I didn't include the ammo hopper on this component, before casting, was that I wanted it to be able to be attached to either side of the bolter, to allow it to be used either way around.

[EDIT: After making the first half of the mould, I took a measurement, and found that the gun is 2.5 inches long exactly, just in case any of you were wondering about scale.]
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Ynek

Just stopping by to show off the finished mould.

It needs to be left to sit for 24 hours before I can fill it with resin, unfortunately. So it won't be until sometime tomorrow that I'll be able to tell for sure if this mould is any good. :P

Ynek

The first H.Bolter has now been spawned from the mould....

On the 'sprue', fresh out of the mould, before the flash has been trimmed off.

Once liberated from the mould, and trimmed of all flash.

All in all, I'm quite pleased with the way it came out, even if there are a few air bubbles in one or two of the rivet-bumps.

phil-o-mat

awesome! want some for myself!

Myriad

I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!