Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Any advice for a newbie, brothers?

Started by Inquisitor Bert, November 12, 2010, 05:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Bert

Hi

I am new to The Conclave. I have just started to play Inquisitor, after many years of allowing the rulebook to gather dust on my shelf nex to the 40K codices and Warhammer army books. I've bitten the bullet and started running games for my gaming group in 28MM, which I gather is known as Inq28!

I would imagine my question is a common one from all new GMs - where do I get my hands on campaign material! I am not a total slacker, and have already written a couple of inter-linked scenarios to play. My immediate idea is to run some intro games as a lead in to the Trojaan Incident mini-campaign I found from a few years back in an old issue of White Dwarf.

I wondered if any kind souls out there had any of their own campaigns they were willing to share?   ::) I must admit that I'm struggling to get a prolonged campaign together - any material anyone is kind enough to share would be gratefully received.

Ta!

Rob aka Inquisitor Bert

MarcoSkoll

This isn't exactly the right section of the forums (This is the roleplay sections, where we pretend we're space warriors), but I'll answer anyway.

A good start is this thread:
http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=34.0

That's where we (or, I suppose, I) keep all of the supplementary material that GW released - or at least the bits we could find. The 2002 Annual includes some sections on Campaign writing (The "Creating Worlds" sections) which may help you.

In the "Fan Material" section, there's also a Campaign pack from this year's Spring Conclave. It's probably not quite what you're looking for, but it might give you ideas.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles