Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Grand Tournament 2011 - March 26th

Started by Kaled, November 24, 2010, 05:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

EDIT: Added list of possible attendees.

Afternoon all,

The 2011 Inquisitor Grand Tournament will take place at Warhammer World on Saturday, 26th March 2011.

The briefing pack is now available from the Dark Magenta website;
http://www.darkmagenta.co.uk/IGT11_briefing_pack.pdf

Tickets are £10 in advance until 14th March, or £12 on the door.

As in the past, I hope to arrange pizzas for lunch - details to follow as soon as I get a menu from WHW.

- Dave

So far the following people have expressed an interest in attending - let me know if you want adding to the list;
- MarcoSkoll
- PrecinctOmega
- Van Helser
- Holiad
- Myriad
- Heroka Vendile
- Necris
- Robskib + 2-5 friends
- Greenstuff Gav
- Karandras
- Sumaki
- Adlan
- Adam Cunis
- Zirone
- mattausten86
- Stormgrad
- Frostspear
- Aurelius 12

I should add that not all of those are definites - and certainly not all have bought tickets yet.

I know it's still months away, but I've just had a note from the WHW folks to re-confirm the booking so I thought it worthwhile reminding everyone so they can ask Santa for new models and paints and start thinking about their warbands and scenarios.

The IGT will follow pretty much the same format as the last few years but I'll produce a new pack for the event closer to the time.  The cost should be the same as before (£10-12) and entrants will take part in four games, one of which they will GM (some people may have to GM more than one game).  As before, players will need to bring 1-3 PCs (plus any NPCs they want for their scenario) plus all the usual gaming paraphernalia.

Entrants will be judged in four areas, Game Mastering, Playing, Painting & Modelling, and the Inquisition (some sort of quiz).  I'm considering relegating the Inquisition to more of a tie-breaker role, but I'll let you know (and if anyone has any opinions on the matter then drop me a PM).

Full details to follow - probably early in the new year...

- Dave
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

precinctomega

I certainly intend to attend - as a competitor for the first time!

I have no objection to any format changes you should care to make.  I don't have any sense of ownership except as a member of the community.

I do have a suggestion, though: prize support.

Obviously, prize support comes from the ticket sales.  I always considered it fair to cover my expenses (printing, travel etc) from the ticket sales as I wasn't playing myself and was giving up a day of my valuable weekends for essentially other people's benefit, which meant that prize support was invariably modest, as the day itself cost me about £50-60.

I'd like to invite people who can do so, when sending money for their entry fee, whatever Dave sets it at, to consider adding a little more; be it 50p, £1, £2 or whatever.  Every little extra will go to boosting the prize support.  You may recall I had a plan to commission some custom art to commemorate past winners and that's still on my radar (I'm still working with the artist in question).  With a little more cash, we could still make it happen.

R.

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: precinctomega on November 24, 2010, 09:46:11 PM
You may recall I had a plan to commission some custom art
his commission price is pretty good as i recall.. have been tempted, luckily a lack of Deviant Art Account has saved me :D

i want to go, but have no idea what my shift is gonna be till the new year :(
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Heroka Vendile

Naturally I register my interest in attending for a 2nd time after having to skip Dec 2009. However as a currently unemployed graduate, I haven't got a clue what my situation will be come that date, so I can't say for sure till nearer the time.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Kaled

Another thing - WHW is also going to start charging external groups & clubs for hiring the hall for large events, starting next year.  It definitely won't affect the 2011 IGT but may hit future events.  I don't have any more details than that, but will let you all know if I hear any more.

Necris

I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms so I want to go

but I have no idea what I'm working on sunday so I'm not holding my breath for find out what i'm working in march and if I do book it as holiday i'll more than likely loose it anyway...
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

RobSkib

I'm down for this cause as usual! If there's anything I can do or make to help out, you know I will.

An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Van Helser

I'm in. I'll start pricing up flights and so on.

Ruaridh

Kaled

I've had a couple of people e-mail me asking whether they could do anything to help, such as donating prizes. That would be much appreciated - but of course no one should feel they have to donate anything, and it's probably best that donations are anonymous, at least until scores are announced - don't want there to be accusations of bribing the tournament organiser!

MarcoSkoll

I think the biggest thing anyone could do to help the Tournament is get people there. Drag mates out of bed at 2 AM if you have to, but every extra body there will help promote the game.
If we want to show GW that Inquisitor still has a following, this needs  to be much more than the 8 people we had in 2009.

Anyway, it should go without saying that I'm in, short of any shenanigans between then and now.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

I can think of that many people who I can coerce into coming, so we could double our numbers from last year! That's a very big 'could' though, getting them out of the house is the hard part :(
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Van Helser

That's my flight booked.  It's non-refundable too, so no matter what, I'll be down south that weekend.  That's at least one person ready to play then!

Ruaridh

MarcoSkoll

Looking out of my window, it seems there may have been a silver lining in that we couldn't have the IGT this December.
Given the weather recently, we'd likely have been hit hard by travel difficulties. (Although it wasn't this bad at the start of the month - at least around where I live - it wouldn't have helped.)

If winter weather keeps going the way it has in recent years, it seems March IGTs will be a good thing.

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on December 18, 2010, 01:26:56 PM
If winter weather keeps going the way it has in recent years, it seems March IGTs will be a good thing.
until Katla erupts and Ruaridh can no longer fly south that is ;)
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

Yes, but if the airports, roads, trains, etc, are closed because of heavy snow, no-one is going to get there...

GW's =I= articles