Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Tau Warband (was: Forgeworld Tau Drones)

Started by Kaled, December 13, 2010, 11:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

axiom

Great looking Air Caste - really looks the business next to the Water Caste. Neat sculpting and good pose (I think the arms look fine!).

What's next to add? Do you have the 54mm custom Fire Warrior that was being sold recently?

Kaled

Thanks.

Nope, no Fire Warrior.  The band is going to represent a Tau special ops team, so a standard battlefield-type Fire Warrior wouldn't really be in keeping for this warband.  

The idea is that my fire caste operative will be the main 'action' character, then the rest are his support cadre.  There's the air caste pilot who flies the insertion missions and his water caste controller - plus there'll be a few drones to support the team.  One day I would quite like to build an earth caste technical expert for the team, but I have no immediate plans to do so...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

axiom

I like the Fire Caste Operative - Callidus assassin as the base model? Good looking team all together :)

precinctomega

axiom

Quote from: precinctomega on January 05, 2011, 12:37:03 PM
Eversor assassin as base model.

R.

Ack! Getting my assassin classes mixed up. I meant Eversor of course ;)

gwrulz

Can we get a group shot?   ;D

I too would LOVE an earth caste model!  Do they even make one for 25mm 40k?
Looking a Space Marine Helmet? I may have one!

RobSkib

What do Earth caste even look like? I'm not sure I've ever seen a picture of them..

Great work on the Air Caste Dave, but you should know that by now :) Birds fly, dogs poop and Kaled makes incredible INQ models. I was a little surprised at how short he was though, I was always under the impression that Air Caste were much taller than their other caste brothers?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Myriad

Love these guys.  Fire caste looks as scary as Tau get, and the rest of the band have great variety.  Wouldn't extra height be a disadvantage in a pilot caste?  Ah well.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Kaled

I'll do a group shot as soon as they're painted (which could take a while).

I think he's about the right height - at least, his height/proportions are about right compared to the 28mm version. Looking at the artwork however suggests he could have been a touch taller. There's a picture that includes members of all castes in the old Tau codex - earth caste are a touch shorter than the fire caste but broader. I've seen the pic on the 'net somewhere - if I find it again I'll post a link.

gwrulz

Looking a Space Marine Helmet? I may have one!

Kaled

Kaled

Quote from: Kaled on January 06, 2011, 03:49:23 PM
There's a picture that includes members of all castes in the old Tau codex - earth caste are a touch shorter than the fire caste but broader. I've seen the pic on the 'net somewhere - if I find it again I'll post a link.
Found it...

Heroka Vendile

The good thing with the Earth Caste is that they cover everything from the lowest factory labourer to the best weapons inventor of the empire - so an Earth Caste could, if anything, be the character with the most interesting equipment and motivations.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Kaled

Yesterday I finally got around to painting my Air Caste and his drone.  It's not the best picture I'm afraid, but I'll take a few more once I finish the warband...  Now to get on with painting the Water Caste and his two drones.

Also, I keep thinking a pilot needs something to fly - I wonder if I could find some kit or toy that would pass for a Tau shuttle...

DapperAnarchist

Check out the Federation Droid toys for Star Wars - I've seen attempts to turn them into Tau Superheavies, so they might be a good start for a shuttle.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!