Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Tau Warband (was: Forgeworld Tau Drones)

Started by Kaled, December 13, 2010, 11:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucidum

Wow, very nice work as always Kaled, really impressive. Personally, I think the drones being the smaller size works pretty well, at leas for the technical and little spy drone the operative has. As for your aforementioned something for the Air Caste to fly, an =][= scale Orca dropship (maybe like a stealth orca! in the colours of an orca whale! :P) would be pretty awesome.

kierkegaard

Very cool.

I'll keep an eye out for possible Tau vehicles.

Myriad

I love this guy.  You've nailed the thin and weedy look excellently, while still maintaining the air of a pilot  :).
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

RobSkib

Excellent job! I'm really looking forward to see what kind of ship you end up getting for him :) The decals on the base are a nice touch.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Kaled

I'm on my way out so I'll have to keep this short - I finished the Water Caste the other day;

And I updated the base on the Fire Caste so he matches;

Plus here's a shot of the entire warband;

- Dave
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Shannow

Im really not a tau fan, but these are just stunning. Enough said
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Heroka Vendile

great stuff Dave, it's good to see the FW heavy drones really are an absolutely perfect scale for INQ gundrones.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

kierkegaard

As Shannow said, stunning. I hope that you do find a suitable vehicle, then this little group would be perfect.

Adlan

Looks good dave, I hope you do find a good craft for them.

I'd also love to see you do an earth Caste Technician.

For some reason I had a vision of you playing these guys and giving each one a different accent. Bizzare.

Alyster Wick

Beautiful work, as usual.  The firewar... er, Alien Commander model would look great with these.  I would love to see you do a rendition of an Earth Caste technician as well.

Myriad

Stunning, with a great group feel.  Although, it does seem the water caste is practising the 'threaten to blow everything up' form of diplomacy.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

judge-minos

I just saw this model and thought it may be turned in a tau vehicle with some Details like weapons and turbine engines .
then I remembered this tread. hope you'll forgive the treadomancy (hope I spelled it right  ;D)

http://www.plastichobbymodel.com/star-wars/amt-ertl-star-wars-trade-federation-tank-scale-model-kits/

Dolnikan

It has the tau look, with some work it could become a very nice tau vehicle.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Kaled

It does have a Tau feel to it, but I wasn't sure if it'd be too recogisable. Imperial things are easier to convert as they're very blocky, but it'd be harder to change the silhouette of this  thing. Maybe if I removed the turret and replaced it with a Tau one...

Still got to decide what to do with the spare resin Water & Air Caste bodies/heads. I'm thinking one of the Air Caste might get a set of mechanical wings like a Yeld spyrer but not yet sure about the rest...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Adlan

Have them as Tank Commander on whatever vehicle you've got, to make it clearly tau.