Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Conclave newbie posting mighty wall o' pics.

Started by Inquisitor Goldeneye, December 18, 2010, 09:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Goldeneye

Greetings 'Clavers; long time lurker, first time poster here.

I have recently been inspired to re-write (by which I mean I lost) all the character sheets for my entire warband and this, in turn, has prompted me at last to post something on this forum.

I should perhaps mention that this warband is both very old (I've been using it since Inquisitor was first released) and very large (4 members originally, but I've been adding to it over the years).

I intend to post the stats & background for my merry little gang in the Rules Discussion thread, but for now I thought that you chaps might like to see what these weirdos actually look like, so, without further ado, I present the warband of Inquisitor Erasmus Goldeneye:-

Mmm'kay, so let's start with the big man himself, Inquisitor Goldeneye:-

Seen here with his pict-skull, Goldeneye was named after the James Bond film of the same name, after I was looking around the room for insperation and my eye happened to land on the box for the old N64 game, which I had recently purchased (that's just how old this charater is!) Enyhoo, the name just sort of stuck.
I put 'Erasmus' on the front because I like old, biblical-sounding names.

Next up; Goldeneye's beloved boyhood pet and psyberspider familiar, Mordakai:-

and from the back:-

One of Goldeneye's oldest allies now, Magos Screlean Blitzkrieg (Seen here with his tech-skull):-

and here he is from the side, where you can hopefully see his bionic arm a little better:-

Magos Blitzkreig's assistant and Famulous, Accolyte Johannes Hindenbaum:-

A heavy-duty excavation servitor which Blitzkreig has 'apropriated', and re-purposed as a surprisingly effective combat unit:-

This is it from the side, where you can see more clearly that it has four legs:-

Another servitor witch Magos 'Magpie' Blitzkreig has picked up along the way is this maintinance servitor, witch is often used to lend the Magos a hand in the field:-

From the side you cans see the stalk that connects the body to it's monopod track:-

Some of the 'Hired muscle' now, with 'ex' Genestealer cultist (it's explained in his background), Brother Viceriouse:-

And the Joey to Viceriouse's Chandler (or, perhaps Turk to his J.D.,  if you prefer.) Gun-slinging mutant reptile (as opposed to reptilian mutant); 'Snake Eyes' S'syrak:-

He originally had a pair of little, round shades, but they got knocked of recently, and they were so small and fiddly that I havent got around to making another pair yet.

The Kroot mercinary Quilshala Kilkad:-

From the side you can get a better look at the cropped quills (a souveneer of an encounter with a powersword-wielding space-pirate.):-

Here we see winged sharp-shooter Corpral 'Deadeye' Bracewold. From a unit of flying mutant mercenaries styling themselves the 1st Airbourne Irregulars:-

It may not surprise you to know (what with all the mutants and the alien merc. and so on), that the Inquisitor is of a somewhat radical bent. As such he also employs certain individuals who's usefullness lies in their possession of forbiden knowledge, psychic gifts, or, in this case, just in his 'Possession'. The khornate daemon identified only as 'Phaytalitee', bound into a child's doll:-

Heh, 'I want to play with the butcher knife'. Anyone else remember that episode of 'The X-Files'? No? Well, anyway, here's Phaytalitee next to Goldeneye for scale:-

An ex daemonhost now; Father Hacket used to be one of the finest Ecclesiarchy exorcists in the sector, untill one exorcism whent horribly wrong. Now he is hideously deformed and compleatly unhinged, but has been left with a gift of foresight, making him occasionally usefull:-

The sign reads 'Forgive me for I have sinned'.

Lilith, a mute little girl with monsterous psychic powers:-

Why, yes, since you ask, I am a fan of that one horror film that japan keeps making again and again.
Here's Lilith with Goldeneye for scale:-

The ring-master in Goldeneye's traveling freak-show, noble-born mutant and chaos-cult educated daemonologist, Damion Von Drak:-

How could you not trust such an honest face?:-

The book-cover is supposed to read 'Eldritch Forces'.

Celestine Altizimus is a part-eldar astropath (it's a long story) who's singular psychic gifts enable her to act as navigator for Goldeneye's ship (and wield that stubber with leathal accuracy inspite of being totaly blind.):-

In this shot you can see her astropath plugs at the back of her head:-

Telekinetic martial-artist Sergent Voinich is a survivor of a secret (not to say, highly illegal and unsanctioned) 'super-solder' project. ('Cause we all know how well those always turn out, right?):-

Giving it the old 'JimJamYAHA' (now that's what I call an obscure 90's children's T.V. referance).

I have also created models for various support characters; individuals who are not realy ever supposed to be used in combat, but who might conceaveably be encountered in a scenario on board Goldeneye's ship, and whom I would not feel right just representing with my standard, generic N.P.C. models. However, I think I have made this post quite large enough for today, so I shall return with the support personell either tomorow or the day after.

Thanks for reading, and good-night!
'A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.' -  William Wordsworth.

GAZKUL

"You do not need to prove that you exist because soon you won't"

MarcoSkoll

Looks good to me - there are lots of unique, interesting and ingenious conversions in there (although some background that raises an eyebrow, like "half-eldar")- but could you actually orient the pictures the right way up?

Photobucket has a basic image editing tool which allows you to rotate images, so it'd be great if you could go through them and give the sideways ones a 90 degree twist so we don't end up with strained necks...
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

You've got some excellent conversions there - especially the Mechanicus ones which are very imaginative.

It also looks like you have some rather nice terrain - care to share picture of that too?

Not sure if you're in the UK or not (I'm guessing so based on the references in your post), but if so how about coming along to the IGT in March so we can see some of these in the flesh?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Inquisitor Goldeneye

Thanks for the comments!

@Marko; I have corrected the angle of the pictures now, thanks for the tip!

Also Celestine is only 1/16th Eldar; her great-grandmother was half Eldar, and was created quite deliberatly by them in order to fulfil a prophecy. It is no accident that celestine is the first in her line to realy show her Eldar heritage, nor that the Adeptus Astra Telepathica somehow missed the fact that she has alien D.N.A. in her when they screened her, but that will be covered when I post her background & stats in Rules Discussion.

Hopefully I will be able to post pictures of support charaters (hopefully the right way up!) later today.
'A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.' -  William Wordsworth.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Inquisitor Goldeneye on December 19, 2010, 01:51:32 PM@Marko; I have corrected the angle of the pictures now, thanks for the tip!
And... now they're stretched. To sort that, you'll have to edit the post above and swap the values for width and height in the offending image tags.

QuoteAlso Celestine is only 1/16th Eldar; her great-grandmother was half Eldar, and was created quite deliberatly by them in order to fulfil a prophecy.
Yeah... but half-Eldar, unlike "Half-Elf" in D&D, is rather like saying "Half-dog" in our world. Actually, perhaps more like saying "Half-drainpipe", as dogs and humans at least have some common genetic basis, whereas Eldar and Humans have completely different DNA structure (if DNA is even the right word for what Eldar have).

While there were a couple of instances of it in earlier editions of 40k, half-Eldar have been written out of the background (and wisely, in my opinion).
In the current canon, if it can happen at all, it would have to be some kind of genetic modification in a lab, splicing Eldar genes into Human DNA, because just putting an Eldar and a human in a room together is not going to produce results - no matter how much they "get it on".

Even then, the results of such splicing would be genetically incompatible with both species and sterile by virtue of not having any viable genetic partner.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Flinty

Some very nice models there -  particularly like Father Hackett (easy to spot that reference), but have to admit that JimJam Yaha went right over my head. Nice astropah too.

Looking forward to seeing your fluff, agree with Marco on cross-breeds, but as he says genetic manipulation is a way out, and making her several hundred years old would just add to the creepiness of the figure if you ask me (Ringu influence by any chance?)

Welcome to the Conclave by the way.
Neanderthal and Proud!

Inquisitor Goldeneye

Right, Pictures fixed properly now (I hope!)

Also...

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on December 19, 2010, 02:13:13 PM

While there were a couple of instances of it in earlier editions of 40k, half-Eldar have been written out of the background (and wisely, in my opinion).
In the current canon, if it can happen at all, it would have to be some kind of genetic modification in a lab, splicing Eldar genes into Human DNA, because just putting an Eldar and a human in a room together is not going to produce results - no matter how much they "get it on".

Even then, the results of such splicing would be genetically incompatible with both species and sterile by virtue of not having any viable genetic partner.

Actually, 'cobbled together in a lab somewhere' was what I ment by 'created deliberately', I should have been clearer. However I see your point about the hybrid itself beeing unable to breed. Perhaps I should give this part of Celestine's background a bit of a re-think; maybe instead of her great gram-gram beeing part Eldar, she was just geneticaly faffed-about-with by them instead? That would have much the same effect to all practical intents & purposes.

Oh, and Flinty, JimJamYAHA is 'an ancient tibetan form of martial art with no physical contact' as practiced by Commander Harris, the ex-army commando sheep on 'Roger and the Rottentrolls'. I vaguely recall something about novices (or 'practitioners of the first jam') being able to slightly dislodge the filling in a corn beef bap from 30 feet away (or something like that!)

Now, support personnel. These people are goldeneye's backup, most of whom serve on board his ship (an old (very old; as in pre-Heresy) troop transport he found mysteriously abandoned, which he had re-fitted to serve his needs, and re-named 'The Oath'), and would be unlikely to see actual combat under normal circumstances. However I have drawn up character sheets and made models for them just in case, so here they are.

First of all, let's kick off with the man in charge of running The Oath on Goldeneye's behalf; Captain Jhonothon Patrick Luke Steward, formerly of the Imperial navy:-

Although I've got him wearing a hat, so you can't see it, his head is actually the bald alternative head from the Arbites Judge model. Naturaly, as the bald captain of a space-ship, what else could I call him? (Hint:- 'Steward' should more properly be 'Stewart'.)

Next is Goldeneye's personal pilot, Deuteronomy Davis:-

Seen here sporting a slightly 'Zaphod Beeblebrox' look, thanks to his servitor-graft's head, (it's brain is slaved to his own, giving him super-human multi-tasking capabilities and heightened reflexes, but prone to very occational glitches.)

This shot gives a better veiw of his servitor-graft (which includes two bionic arms):-

This is Doctor-Professer-Magos Hieronymus Merrick, Somewhat xenophylic member of the Adeptus Biologis, Shown here with his haemoncolyte cherub, Luis:-

A distant decenant of Marty Feldman, perhaps? (Actually his 'enhanced' eye just counts as an 'advanced' bionic eye in game terms).

The Doctor insists on his preposterus, triple-barreled title for formal occations (and on all paperwork) but will settle for being addressed as 'Doctor' in every-day conversation.

Here you can see the stasis-box that Luis carries in lieu of the usual null-feild box caried by most 'Custodian' type Cherubim. (It's not as effective at containing warp artifacts, but it does nicely for preventing the degredation of biological samples.):-

A close-up of poor little Luis, all bloated with cysts & tumors!:-

Of course, every eccentric scientist requires a competent assistant, if only to type up and file all of their notes, subdue the un-co-operative specimens, and remind them where they left that thing that they had in their hand just a minute ago. For Doctor Merrik, Acolyte Jhonson is that assistant:-

Jhonson, looking ready to tranq. something with his stun-loaded needle pistol.

From the side you can get a better look at his shock-maul, ideal for dispencing instant behavioural correction to any xeno-fauna sample.

I know he looks a little too 'clean-cut' for 40k, but I wanted someone who would contrast with Dr. Merrick in every possible way (he's also head & shoulders taller than the stumpy little doctor!)

Finally, we come to the Inquisitors personal librarian in charge of his library on board The Oath; former Battle-Brother Wateley (who's name is a nod to H.P.Lovecraft):-

"NO RUNNING IN THE LIBRARY!!"
Watley served as a Battle-Brother with the Relictors chapter until an unfortunate run-in with a nurgal plague-marine champion left much of his body (not to mention his precious progenoid glands) withered and useless. He was relegated to the role of archivist in one of the chapters many archival vaults, and later assigned to Goldeneye perminantly, in recognition of certain... assistances rendered to the chapter.

Naturaly Borther Wateley is distrought at the recent fate of his beloved chapter, and has implored the Inquisitor to try and establish contact with such of them as remain.

Some detail on the back of Wateley's chair:-

That's it for now. I'll try and start posting the charater profiles for all this lot in Rules Discussion as soon as I can find time.

Myriad

Always nice to see a properly dressed naval officer.  Makes a good contrast to the grimdark mutant about to redefine his world view.  The rest of the collection shows great imagination too, including another great alternative colour scheme for the kroot (does anyone actually have a green one?).  Nice to see the old kroxigor models being put to good use too, they always were mean looking.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Inquisitor Goldeneye

I believe someone requested pictures of my senery?

The buildings you can see in the background are built to the instructions in W.D. 261.

These are the larger, 'tier 1' buildings, which I stacked up to make the background for my pics:-

I also have some smaller buildings made from pre-existing carboard boxes I had lying around, as opposed to foamboard:-

Shown with a miniature for scale.

The doors are all modular, so I can put them wherever they're needed:-

Finally, some miscellaneous industrial gubbins made primarily from the plastic tray from an 8-pack of 'Mr. Kippling's' cherry Bakewells (they do make exceedingly good senery!):-

The other end of it:-

gwrulz

Looking a Space Marine Helmet? I may have one!

Easy E

The demonhost amuses me greatly. 

I also think the preofessor's assistant is pretty nice looking.  What percentage of your retinue is self-sculpted? 
^Cheapskate^

Adlan

Looks fantastic. Your self sculpts are awesome, they feel like a 40k camberwick green  ;D.

I love the idea behind your space marine. The idea of a crippled archivist who was once of of humanitys finest is a great way to include a marine in game.

Hadriel Caine

Some very nice character concepts here with a very individual style, which is definitely a good thing. Reminiscent of the old days of 40k in line with the use of squats, zoats and imperial beastmen. lovely bright colours. The terrain looks great too :)
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Inquisitor Goldeneye

Again, thanks for all the positive responses!

@ gwrulz;  sadly, no my terrian doesn't nest.
I wish I'd thought of that when I was making it, then they might actually fit in the bottom of my wardrobe! (Then again, who could have predicted that my innavotive new 'guess-wildly-and-cross-your-fingers' method of measuring available storage space would go wrong?)

@ Easy E; most of my warband have some G.S. work on them, but none of them are completely self-sculpted (I have problems with hands especially, so they tend to be salvaged from 28mm scale G.W. kits).

However, I'd say (inculding the support staff) that nine of them have little or no G.S. on them (a hood here, a join there), four have significant additions (such as a whole head, a limb, a suitably dramatic-looking big flappy cloak and so on) and around eight are mostly self-sculpted (less hands & techno-gubbins).

Now that it's been pointed out, I can definitely see a little of Camberwick; in acolye Jhonson particularly.
Hmm... grimdark Camberwick Green, can you imagine?

The colouring is mostly because my young self had just read some W.D. article or other witch mentioned using a single colour as a 'unifying theme', I picked red and got a bit carried away. The worst example being Corpral Bracewold, who's camoflage will render him totaly invisible, should he ever have to take up position in a jam butty.