Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Eldar Warband - Moving to the trade post...

Started by axiom, December 30, 2010, 12:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

axiom

Once again thanks all!

I discovered last night, that whilst it's impossible to paint with a sleeping 3-month old on your lap, it IS possible to convert up another model (slightly less precision required, and less fiddling about with liquids!).

So although I said I'd not make any more before the first lot were painted, I ended up converting an Eldar Pirate (possibly a Pirate Prince). I wanted to make a flamboyant dandy-esque character, with nods to some of the costumes worn by the new Harlequins (frock coats, thigh length boots etc). Romeo models do a very nice Prussian Infantry officer which had the feel I was after:

Add a new head (thanks Kaled), swap out the cane for an Eldar sword, and this is the result:

He's deliberately left pretty close to the original figure as I love the pose and details :)

Alyster Wick

That is astoundingly effective.  You have a knack for seeing vast eldar potential where I would never guess it existed.

DapperAnarchist

That is lovely - makes me think of a Michael Moorcock character, though less Melnibone and more Dancers at the End of Time.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Stormgrad

Love all the eldar models as i said with the tau thread earlier a lovely change from all the imperial imagery

kierkegaard

The Pirate Prince looks excellent. I think that it would look even better if you altered the angle of his left arm (bent the elbow more, or straightened it completely) and put a pistol in his hand. Something about the arm not resting on the post makes it look a little bit odd.

DapperAnarchist

Actually, to me it looks like he's about to drop a piece of cloth - probably to show off that he can kill a whole bunch of Mon-keigh before it touches the ground.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

axiom

Quote from: kierkegaard on February 01, 2011, 04:27:56 PM
The Pirate Prince looks excellent. I think that it would look even better if you altered the angle of his left arm (bent the elbow more, or straightened it completely) and put a pistol in his hand. Something about the arm not resting on the post makes it look a little bit odd.

I agonised over this and decided against adding a pistol because I really liked the feel of the figure as is. I'm not sure if you would notice the missing post if it wasn't in the original picture as it looks more natural in real life. But in the absence of anything else, I'm going with DapperAnarchist's explanation ;)

Heroka Vendile

One assumes they are in fact originally meant to be gloves? In which case I think it looks perfectly fine be they gloves/handkerchief/cloth/treasure map. I also think the pose looks fine as is, looks like he's actually doing something rather than being stood on parade.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

precinctomega

Whilst I understand the restriction on painting caused by small children only too well, I really can't wait to see what you do with these guys paint-wise.

R.

axiom

OK, some paint, with the new paint scheme. The Harlequin was begging me to be painted, so here he is! I still need to do the base, and there's probably one or two areas to tidy up:

Hope you like him - I think he came together well after all the planning! The encouragement on the mask has paid off I think - I'm really pleased I attempted to sculpt the grinning face :)

Let me know what you think!

Hadriel Caine

Great job. Really vibrant. I would personally have painted some checks. The pirate looks incredible too, I missed the conversion before. Very very cool.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Myriad

Very creepy, especially the little hearts.  Mind you, harlequins are pretty creepy customers.  In all, I think it suits him.

The pirate prince looks good, very poised and composed. 
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Ulgavitch

He's brilliant - I love the character and the 'caught in the moment' pose! The face especially is great, though I probably would have chosen a different colour for the mask.

White doesn't really allow you to show the relief as well, and the sculpting is so good I would have tried to show it off as well as I could.

Heroka Vendile

well if this painting standard continues with the rest of the warband, they really are going to make a wonderful set.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy