Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Eldar Warband - Moving to the trade post...

Started by axiom, December 30, 2010, 12:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

axiom

Quote from: Kaled on January 25, 2011, 06:37:00 PM
Very nice work - the mask really looks great.

Any progress on the painting side of things?

I hope you're able to at least pop into the IGT so we can see them in the flesh.

I started painting the Legolas Ranger, but I'm not happy with the paint scheme - I need to start afresh with a different pallette I think.

If I can make it down to the IGT, I will, after all it's only round the corner :)

Heroka Vendile

great work on the harlequin - what part(s) is the kiss made out of??
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Ancelyn

I am not a big fan of space Elves, but these are great conversions. Nice work!
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

precinctomega

It would be brilliant to see these at the IGT.

R.

axiom

Thanks all :)

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on January 25, 2011, 11:56:52 PM
great work on the harlequin - what part(s) is the kiss made out of??

The black part at the rear I've realised is a section from the Eldar Autarch reaper missile launcher. The front part is a cut down thermic lance from the new plastic Dark Eldar Reaver jetbikes

axiom

One more member of the warband before I take a break! I've got several more planned with some new heads courtesy of Kaled (thanks Dave!), but I want to get these guys painted first.

Anyway, shuriken cannons are probably too nasty for Inquisitor, so he'll only get the odd outing, but I do love the pose:

The figure is Andrea's Dancing with Wolves Kevin Costner, with Maugan Ra's cannon and the hooded Ranger head. The tabard is a spare part from the Legolas cloak from the first conversion.

Finally, a group shot:

Hadriel Caine

The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Heroka Vendile

I have to agree with Adam, I am taking so many notes down of ideas to translate into my planned eldar pirate warband.
Brilliant use of the wolf dancer figure. Although I don't see why you don't just field him as with a shuriken catapult, rather than cannon - it is the right size scale-wise after all.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

DapperAnarchist

Perhaps a customised one, allowing the use of Shrieker rounds? After all, this is Inquisitor, and we are not limited to the weapons that appear in the Codex.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Myriad

Let me GM.  I will kill them.  :)

It never hurts to have some heavier models around for when the scenario requires it, and this conversion really works, which is the primary consideration.  I wouldn't actually consider a guys with a shuriken cannon much less over the top than a harlequin, judgin by some of the profiles I've seen for them.  At the end of the day, inquisitor is quite flexible and with a bit of work you should be able to get use out of him.

And, as others have said, great looking band.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

axiom

Thanks for the great comments everybody - really pleased these guys are hitting the right spot ;)

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on January 27, 2011, 11:47:21 PM
Although I don't see why you don't just field him as with a shuriken catapult, rather than cannon - it is the right size scale-wise after all.

I think it's a bit large - the guy 2nd from right in the group shot has a shuriken catapult (plastic avenger catapult), which is about right given the massive overscaling of 28mm weapons :)

precinctomega

I agree with the others that, in their unpainted state, they're one of the nicest Eldar parties I've ever seen. However, how they'll look with paint on remains to be seen!

As for the shuriken cannon, I think it's just right. The weapons in 40K tend to the over-large. At 54mm, these look streamlined and deadly, rather than cumbersome.

However, an Eldar band will suffer some natural disadvantages in the Battle for the Emperor's Soul. We'll have to see how that plays out.

R.

Kered

Great work, I look forward to seeing them complete. 

kierkegaard

Nice warband. They all look good, but that harlequin looks excellent. I never saw the potential in the model that you based it on (curse me for a fool.)

I am really looking forward to seeing these models painted.

Alyster Wick

QuoteBest. Eldar. Warband. Ever.

Took the words right out of my head.

Really fantastic warband there though, you've honestly set the bar as far as I'm concerned.  By far the best translation I've seen of Eldar into Inquisitor.  There have been the odd well put together models but never in such numbers, would love to see how they perform in a battle report.

Also, look out for a PM, I may look to recruit you into something sinister  ;D