Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Datastack Terrain

Started by gwrulz, January 06, 2011, 02:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwrulz

OK, I am requesting help from the masses!  I am working on a terrain project, and it requires a "datastack" and other techincal pieces.

I have a few ideas that I will share soon, but I want to hear from you guys first!

Thanks in advance!
Looking a Space Marine Helmet? I may have one!

Kaled

Maybe some old cardboard boxes or tubes covered with bits from old circuit boards? If you can get an old computer that should have all sorts of bits you can use.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

gwrulz

I was thinking about something a wee bit fancier...

gwrulz

Most likely be squared with lots of Adeptus Mechanicus symbols.

The "data" panels will glow or flicker.

Kaled

How about the 40k Manufactorum terrain, combined with the usual card & foam plus a few LEDs? Don't underestimate the value of junk in making terrain - properly used an nicely painted you can recycle all sorts of stuff into great looking terrain!

gwrulz

Adlan

Ribbed Water Bottle, or Corrugated Plastic for the sides. Paint and then illuminate from the inside.

Just a thought.

precinctomega

I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be a plasma drive, rather than a datastack.

I wrote about datastacks in Phobos Worked in Adamant and had in mind things a bit like the 2001 monolith that would illuminate internally when an authorised accessor approached with the right codes.

R.

Kaled

I concur - that looks like a plasma reactor to me.  Still, it'd make a nice piece of terrain.