Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

54mm Ninja Pin-up from Kabuki Models

Started by precinctomega, January 07, 2011, 08:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

precinctomega

Alta

I can see that being a good base for a 54mm Harlequin.

It's also sculpted by Navarro, who is basically the Green Stuff God of Tyranid converters...
...Few things in life make sense and unfortunately for you I am not one of them...

axiom

Quote from: Alta on January 07, 2011, 09:54:10 PM

I can see that being a good base for a 54mm Harlequin.

It's also sculpted by Navarro, who is basically the Green Stuff God of Tyranid converters...

I'd already ear-marked her for a Harlequin ;) Great looking figure, decent price (20 euros), shame she's not available until March :(

Swarbie

I have always admired Navarro's work after seeing what he could do with genestealers. I appreciated him even more when I saw the results of him being commissioned to revamp and old, Armorcast Eldar titan (it started out plain and ended up as an amazingly beautiful piece of art - BEFORE painting).

And now he has created . . . this. It's stunning, it's amazing and it WOULD make a damn good Harlequin.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

Elva

Greeeat, another must have for my budget. Looks like I'm gonna have a few scarce dinners for awhile. :P

But seriously, I can see her as death cult assassin as well(I had an idea for one character with a feudal japanese ninja theme way back).
"Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!!"

precinctomega

I had her pegged as a Callidus, caught without her normal battle gear.

Good to see so much interest.

R.

Myriad

Quote from: precinctomega on January 09, 2011, 02:09:06 PM
I had her pegged as a Callidus, caught without her normal battle gear.

Good to see so much interest.

R.

It's a cool model but would that work fluff-wise?  I thought Callidus assassins had some pretty visible enhancements even when not geared up.  I guess they could always be morphed, and seperated from their gear in the course of the mission (why do they always carry neural shredders anyway?  I'd have thought it would be mission specific.).

Great pose.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Vermis

Quote from: Alta on January 07, 2011, 09:54:10 PM

Quote from: Swarbie on January 08, 2011, 11:52:29 AM
I have always admired Navarro's work after seeing what he could do with genestealers. I appreciated him even more when I saw the results of him being commissioned to revamp and old, Armorcast Eldar titan (it started out plain and ended up as an amazingly beautiful piece of art - BEFORE painting).

And now he has created . . . this. It's stunning, it's amazing and it WOULD make a damn good Harlequin.

I hate to bust yer bubbles, but you're thinking of Pedro Navarro.  The Kabuki Shinomi sculptor is Juan Navarro Perez.  Completely different guy. :)

To be brutally honest, after the 'not tyranid' Doom thing Pedro sculpted for Chapterhouse Studios, I'd be very surprised if he put out something of this quality at the same time.
www.minisculpture.co.uk - a place about pushing putty 'til it does what you want it.  Currently recuperating from being hackered and knackered.

precinctomega

This Navarro is the one also responsible for the not-a-daemonette and the not-a-plaguebearer occasionally available from JMD, I think.

As for Callidus assassins... No, their roles as inner-circle spies and assassin-courtesans means that there should explicitly be no outward sign of their role that can't be absorbed into themselves.  Meh'lindi had a plethora of exotic tattoos, but otherwise appeared outwardly to be a beautiful, athletic woman.

R.