Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Rainor Aralt (Ordo Xenos)

Started by Kasthan, August 18, 2009, 11:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kasthan

This is my second character post. This is my Inquisitor who appeared at the spring meet up at WHW.

Inquisitor Rainor Aralt (Ordo Xenos)

Ws 60
BS 51
S   46
T   48
I   70
Wp82
Sg 79
Nv 63
Ld 85
Sp  5

Ranged Weapons: Autopistol, Krak Grenade
CC Weapons:  Force Sword (counts as force rod out of CC), Knife

Equipment: Autopistol Reload, Bionic Lungs (av +20% g res), Helmet: Passive Night Sight (As along as there is some light remaining Aralt can see. Details are not brilliant) and Psi Tracker.

Abilities: Ultimate Leader (12 yrds), Right Handed
P-powers: Gaze of Death, Psychic Shriek, Telepathy, Embolden, Enforce Will, Terrify

Background:
When Aralt was in his early teens he lived on the hive world Thunaraz. Over a matter of days the world suffered a chaos uprising. The fight for the world took ten years to end. During this time he became involved with a group of fighters against the Chaos cultists, forming a small independent army. He became a figure head and a leader, who’s rousing speeches led the soldiers onwards and aided in the defeat of the cultists. During a few incidents Aralt almost felt as if his voice and mind were guiding and suggesting things to his followers.
With the war over the Inquisition and the Blackships moved in. Purges and hunts for heretics and psykers began.  Inquisitor Apellon came across Aralt and his small army. A brief psychic probe condemned Aralt to the Blackships. His faith and purity remained, even as he went through the torture, suffering and terrors of being a prisoner on board. It could be said that his faith strengthened as he endured his ordeals. He caused members of his cell to join him in prayer, his words calming others. Telling them they were to do the Emperor’s work. His effect became noticed by the guards, who notified Inquisitor Apellon who later took Aralt under his wing.
He went through training, becoming an adapt psyker using his voice to link to his innate telepathic skills. At the age of 36 he was given the full title of Inquisitor.
Originally of the Amalthian belief he hunted down chaos and any other sect that could harm the Imperium’s stability. With a special hatred for chaos he researched methods that could aid in the defeat of his enemies. This caused him to stray into the realms of the Eldar. He became convinced that humanity siding with the Craftworld Eldar to fight against Chaos and other xenos was the lesser of two evils. Through meeting rogue trader Mercer Cuelin he developed and built a fairly strong relationship with the Eldar. Although siding with the Eldar would make him appear the radical to his peers he keeps it secret, occasionally forces turn on his own kind to maintain this.
Using this knowledge he has defeated chaos cults, advised upon the Necrons and fought successfully against the Enslavers.
At the age of 198 he is still patrolling the Imperium, meeting with Craftworld Eldar when possible. He has trained his mind with help from the Eldar and practice over time. Wielding powers of suggestion and leadership are his forte, however he does occasionally use destructive spells when needed.
He is fairly unskilled in combat but retains is milita training from all those years ago.

Comment and Criticism welcome.   

Edit: Change in Equipment

Adlan

vry nice, original useage of what should be the 'norm', being picked out on the blackships.

Kaled

Quote from: Kasthan on August 18, 2009, 11:09:03 PM
He became convinced that humanity siding with the Craftworld Eldar to fight against Chaos and other xenos was the lesser of two evils. Through meeting rogue trader Mercer Cuelin he developed and built a fairly strong relationship with the Eldar.
Do the Eldar work with him because they share his ideals?  Are they working with him to help humanity combat Chaos?  Or are they using him as part of some scheme of their own?  Or haven't you decided?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Kasthan

Quote from: Kaled on August 19, 2009, 06:49:18 PM
Do the Eldar work with him because they share his ideals?  Are they working with him to help humanity combat Chaos?  Or are they using him as part of some scheme of their own?  Or haven't you decided?

I'd say that they are using him for their own fickle ends (untrust worthy Eldar), however they have to offer enough carrot (which is quite alot to gain an Inquisitor's help) for him to work for them.

Inquisitor Cade

Very original. The model doesn't betray the fact that he is actually a vunerable psyker type.

The sword is crying out to be a force weapon. While the force rod rule is good too, I don't thinng you'd be begrudged a slightly better than normal force sword that can focus powers in that way.

He has a high leadership for an Inquisitor, but not an outstanding one. What do you invision the ultimate leader thing to be (other than just being a better leader that could be shown by a higher Ld). Is it that he is good at leading lots of people, or that he is particularly inspirational on the battlefield or what?

Have you seen the revised Inquisitor armoury? Marco skoll has made rules for lots of different versions of lots of guns. Admittedly there isn't much for an autopistol that would bridge the gap between the stubbers and the smgs, but take a look at them and concider the machine pistols or maybe add a semi(5) function to one of his stubbers and see how that plays.
*Insert token witticism*

Kasthan

Quote from: Inquisitor Cade on August 20, 2009, 10:56:55 AM
The sword is crying out to be a force weapon. While the force rod rule is good too, I don't thinng you'd be begrudged a slightly better than normal force sword that can focus powers in that way.

What do you invision the ultimate leader thing to be (other than just being a better leader that could be shown by a higher Ld). Is it that he is good at leading lots of people, or that he is particularly inspirational on the battlefield or what?

Admittedly there isn't much for an autopistol that would bridge the gap between the stubbers and the smgs, but take a look at them and concider the machine pistols or maybe add a semi(5) function to one of his stubbers

I think I will edit the sword to a force weapon + rod (out of cc). Your right it problably won't over power him as a character.

The Ultimate Leader represents his skill on the battle field and with large group of people, in leading them (obviously) and persuding them to help him. He gives a gentle, almost unoticeable psyhic nodge with his words (think Esienhorn) to encorge people to do his asking. Could have it not work on untouchables and the like, what do you think?

Will have a look at Marco's rules.

Inquisitor Cade

If there is a psychic input to the skill then I'd have him pass a Wp check at difficulty 0 each turn or just have it count as regular leader. I'd maybe enchance the affect as well, e.g. his Ld counts as 20 higher for purposes of followers nerve checks, though not Ld checks.
*Insert token witticism*

Kaled

I'd say that if he can reinforce the effect psychically, then give him Leader and a persistent psychic power that allows him to extend the radius of the ability.   Perhaps at Difficulty 0 it would extend it by 2D6 yards, and this can be increased by adding +5 to the Difficulty level for every extra D6 yards.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat