Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Elva and Her Retinue(Inq 28)

Started by Elva, January 15, 2011, 12:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elva

First, I'd like to apologize for the terrible photography and the fact that she needs more trimming up than I originally thought. I'd also like to note that I am aware of the semi twisted barrel on her lasrifle, which has been fickle and tricky to work with, though it honestly looks much better in person and I was unaware of its warping until I took the picture. I'm rather pleased with her face, which wasn't captured to its full extent(I hate my expensive and overcomplicated camera). I hope that I can manage to get some feedback despite the distortion, I have spent a lot of time on this model and I hope that I can make it one of my best.

The rest of the warband will follow as they are made.

Some size comparison

"Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!!"

precinctomega

I love the rough-tough look of her and the imaginative use of Elf parts.

I recommend thinning your paints and putting sand and other details on the base before priming.

R.

Elva

Thanks  ;D

I'll make sure to thin my paints more, I actually purposefully left them thick them because I found it easier to work with that way, however I think that problem might be from a poor water to paint ratio than anything else. I'll see what I can do.

lol I've never based a model like that before, mostly because I don't have access to much sand and PVA glue, so I usually painted something cool like a metallic base and yellow and black warning stripes on the sides(that's about the only part worth noting on my Escher gang).
"Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!!"

RobSkib

Quote from: Elva on January 15, 2011, 03:04:46 PM
lol I've never based a model like that before, mostly because I don't have access to much sand and PVA glue,

Superglue works just as well as PVA, and you can always use some soil or grit from outside, there's loads of it everywhere!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.