Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

For da Revolushon!

Started by Kered, January 16, 2011, 01:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kered

Hello Kered here (Adlan's younger brother)
I'v been lurking for a wile but finaly got round to getting thing up
so here is the start of my grot warband

I had a spare Be'lakor body from earlier conversions. I originally planed for it to be used for a cyber-deamon but the body seemed to be too short, now it something much more imposing. His legs and head are both scratch built.

Da Squig
Be'lakor's legs seemed to be the right shape and so he is built up from there, now almost complete.

Commence and criticisms are always appreciated 

ismeno

WOW! You are a very skilled with the green stuff. 8)

But really-Grots for Inquisitor? ??? Maybe as NPC for a special scenario or whatever, but not as a warband imo.

Kaled

Very nice greenstuff work - I especially like the squig.

Is it going to be a whole band of grotz or will there be an ork leading them?  I don't see anything wrong with a Grot warband - as long as you come up with reasons why and how they end up crossing swords with the Inquisition.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

DapperAnarchist

I can see a reason straight off - the Grot Revolution could be very useful for the Imperium, weakening the Orks fatally. The Grots might seek Imperial assistance, or a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor might seek out the Revolution to assist them and undermine an Ork WAAAGH...

And those are indeed lovely. Using Belakor is kind of inspired.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Kered

Thank you for the comments

I plan for it to be a band of grots with out an orc. My leader (as yet unnamed) shall possesses a knife bond with a deamon of malal which quite often possesses him, causing conflict with followers of chaos, the inquisition for just existing and any orks that happen to pass by.

Ancelyn

Lovely GS work. I look forward to seeing them completed and painted ;D
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

Myriad

That's very grot looking.  The bel'akor body fits the conversion really well, and the greenstuff work is pretty good.  Even if grots don't see too much use, they'd be useful NPCs for scenarios.  There's lots of reasons why they might show up, if you're working around orks.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

kierkegaard

Excellent green stuff work there (the heads in particular.)

How does it compare size-wise to a human figure? I would have thought that Be'Lakor was a bit big for a grot.

Elva

How much would charge for lessons? Those are market quality and I'm in sheer awe at the good job you've done. I hope you don't mind if I send you a message or two should I need some advice as I am currently attempting to make a tricky conversion that mostly involves sculpting at a level I'm not used to.

Keep up the great work, I can't wait to see their backstories posted.

(seriously, you should consider this a career. no joke)
"Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!!"

Adlan

Quote from: kierkegaard on January 16, 2011, 10:25:14 PM
Excellent green stuff work there (the heads in particular.)

How does it compare size-wise to a human figure? I would have thought that Be'Lakor was a bit big for a grot.
But for a Grot full of power of Da Revolushion?! And Maal?

It's a hard thing for a brother to admit, but he's 10x the sculptor I am, and I really love the Squig.

Have you removed the Hand from the Grot, or are you going to give us updated pics soon?

Kered

Both models are practically finished all thats left is to base and paint them

His gun is an ork shoota with a sight (the ork hand fits surprisingly well). His deamon knife now called 'Da Wyrd K'nife' I made it to look small and insignificant hiding the power within, not dissimilar to the grots themselves.     

Only few changes made including the spiked ball and chain to keep him under control (hopefully).

As requested here is a comparison shot. The Grot stands 41mm from sole to eye to be specific.

Lastly a small conversion for a 54mm lamp post from a regular 40k one, I'm really please with how this came out.

Commence and criticisms are always appreciated

Kaled

They look great, nice work - looking forwards to seeing them painted.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Kered

Their painted, named and based. All I need to do now is make his stats and make some rules for Da Squig

Like nearly all other grots Frik was down trodden by orks both figuratively and literally. Through being repeatedly beaten and looked down upon his contempt grew. To his curiosity, after a fruitful raid by the orks he found a knife, over looked by the rest because of it small size. Once he gripped the hilt the bond daemon writhed trying to take control of of his body and for a wile it succeeded eventually Frick regained 'consciousness' ever since  the knife has been his gift, giving him vital strength & presence, and bane, being in constant turmoil with the unshifting parasitic daemon. Frik traveled in various ships as a stowaway were heard about the grot rebels wish to be part of the revolution. He now searches for new means to aid him.

Da Squig was raised by Frisk and has remained loyal through out his travels.

And remember...

I want YOU to join da Revolushon!

Heroka Vendile

they've both turned out really well, he's a bit big for a Grot to me, but that's easily explained away by the daemon possession and/or a similar thing as happens to orks when they kill more humiez.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

axiom

I wasn't sure with the unpainted pic, but painted he looks great (probably because the chaos star is now gone). Really nice work :)