Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

3d Char - Ex-Arbiter

Started by TJ-Flames, January 18, 2011, 06:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ-Flames

For my third Char I'm doing an ex-arbiter, modeled him myself, so need to get hold of a camera to take a pic.

Arbiter

WS  BS  S    T    I     Wp  Sg   Nv  Ld  SP
68   71  62  63  65  72    67  73  71  4

Abilities:
Hipshooting
Leader
Rock Steady Aim

Equipment:
Bolter MKIV
Knife
2 frag grenades
Carapace Armour - chest, abdomen
Flak Armour - arms, legs, groin
Average bionic eye
------------------------
He is meant to lead one of the warbands.
Don't know whether I should give him a gunsight or an auspex in his bionic eye or not, since he's using a bolter I don't want to overpower his shooting.

MarcoSkoll

As this guy has two shooting skills to help, I think it'd be fair to drop his BS a bit. That should reduce the lethality of the bolter.
Alternatively, drop his WS and give him a distinct disadvantage in close combat to balance out his shooting ability.

Also, that Sg is about where I'd put an interrogator or other Inquisitor-in-training. Someone who's been extensively educated with considerable experience. While Arbites have all been educated in the Schola Progenium, they've then been assigned to a courthouse and are seldom going to have been well travelled.
Similarly, that's a pretty high Wp - again, Inquisitor level or approaching it. An arbitrator is unlikely to have that kind of trained strength of mind.

This is the problem with not giving us even a couple of hundred words of background. All we can do is assume "average Arbite", and work from there, not knowing what is supposed to be special about this guy and where he should be above average.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Adlan

Like Marco Said, without a back ground, we can't judge him properly. From the snippets of info you did give us though:

What sort of Ex-Arbiter is he, retired? On the Run, Dishonourable discharge or promoted out of the organisation? This will affect his equipment, unless he's got a fair bit of clout, he won't be able to find ammo for his bolter very easily (is this why he dosn't have a reload?).

I don't think he's too overpowered, seems a little high, but about right if he's a tough grizzled vetran Arbiter now leading a warband (again, like marco said, WP a little high, having no stat below 60 does put him at the high end of skilled). But I wouldn't give him more equipment without taking something away. An Auspex in the Bionic eye is quite characterful, so why not swap that for one of the shooting skills.

One way you could balance the power of the bolter is make it extreamly ammunition limited, if he's no longer got the offical clout to requisition ammunition (or is working undercover away from supply, or such like). Or you could say that the magazine is broken and he's not yet found an artificer who can repair it, and so he must load each round individually.

Try the 20 questions, or writing a short peice of fiction (250 word drabble) about the character, and a short description of him, and it'll spring board so much for the character.