Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Unbound deamon???

Started by mattausten86, January 18, 2011, 07:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattausten86

Ive been directed to this section of the forum to discuss 'unbound deamons',i cant find the rules and have been told that they are in extermiantus(6?),but seeing that its going to be in a Deamonhunters retinue,its probably best that its bound,but im still intrigued as to what there rules are like.

cheers
matt

Kaled

For anyone that missed it;

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on January 18, 2011, 07:38:51 PM
Actually, I do have that article, given that I might have accidentally dropped my copy of Exterminatus 6 on my scanner while it was running.

The two daemon articles are here - one or other of these: Unbound daemonhosts & Manifest daemons.
The difference is that an unbound daemonhost is still possessing a human body, but one without the proper wards and bindings. A manifest daemon has a form of its own.

But bear in mind, as Kaled says, either of these is a terrifyingly powerful force not suited for use as a player character - GM controlled only. PC daemons should be bound daemonhosts.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

mattausten86

yeah ive just had a quick scan through it,now i see why they are GM characters only,although,the nurgles rot ability could work on thelios..........

cheers
matt

Kaled

So what's your new plan for him?  I assume he's joining Thelios in your Nurgle warband?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

mattausten86

more than likely,depends on how my radical deamonhunter turns out,cos i bought my wife the deamon huntress model!!!

cheers
matt

InquisitorHeidfeld

I'm going to have to rewrite M'Hett M'Teth, I wish I'd caught it from the old 'clave...

From my perspective (which pre-dates the Exterminatus article and so may differ wildly from it, IIRC the Exterinatus ones are somewhat lower on the power scale than mine) manifest Daemons are very much in the vein of Space Marines - they rarely fit with warbands/retinues, partly due to their power level (M'Hett M'Teth could have been categorised as a Bloodletter - though I preferred to categorise him (and his blade brother) as the psychic resonances of a coastal assault which left millions dead on both sides - and while a Marine could have held against him it was the Armour which made the biggest difference (that and Instability)).

The other factors which make it difficult are their aeon long perspectives - their plans are hard to work and even harder to execute properly (given the second factor, their absolute disregard for human life) and you tend to end up with a group which looks (in terms of personalities and agendas) like The Great C'thulhu and about 1D6 Investigators...