Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Lady Inquisitrix Novia Fraal, Mistress of the Ordo Sicarius Carthaxian

Started by Kaled, December 09, 2010, 05:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heroka Vendile

great stuff, I agree the stippling on the headdress has come out really well
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Kaled

Quote from: kierkegaard on January 23, 2011, 09:06:50 AM
I also like the metallic effect (particularly the head dress - how did you do that on what looks to be a flat surface? Stippling?)
Nothing too fancy - I simply painted it with Tin Bitz and then painted on some tiny squiggles with watered down Boltgun Metal then gave it a couple of washes.  It probably sounds harder than it is - I didn't really care what the squiggles looked like, there's no pattern to them, so all you need is a nice fine brush.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Alyster Wick

Seeing models like this makes me wish I was in England and could actually attend the conclave meet ups.

Flinty

All credit to your painting there Kaled, excellent job - for a minute I thought the metal effect might have been Hammerite (perhaps I do need glasses!).

Out of interest, has anyone tried using Hammerite on small (in this case very small) areas, I was wondering if the effect would be 'out of scale', i.e require a larger area to develop its finish?
Neanderthal and Proud!

ismeno

Very cool conversion and excellent paint job. The metal effects are really awesome.