Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

WIP Scribe Updated

Started by kierkegaard, January 23, 2011, 09:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kierkegaard

I am working on this at the moment, when my hand lets me.

What do you think? All C&C welcome.

Obviously it is just blue tacked together, and lots of things about it will be corrected (the lean on the base, the fact that the left hand isn't holding the book, etc...)

phil-o-mat

nice combination of parts! and the pose is very cool! gives him an arrogant aura, which works very well for such a well-educated person.

Kaled

Woah, that's looking excellent - imaginative and very 40k.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Saussure

That looks superb.  Top work. ;D

Herodotus Benedict Saussure
Ordo Hereticus Terran
Forum Moderator

Heroka Vendile

Superb stuff, looks like it's come straight from that excellent artwork of the teeming population on Terra (which for the life of me I can't find anywhere online, but is in the very front of 4th & 5th ed 40K rulebooks).

My one possible suggestion would be to add a rack of two or three books  within arms reach - after all as a scribe every piece of information must have a specific place to be noted down, cross-referenced, annotated, adjusted, collated.....
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Alyster Wick

Looking good.  We don't see enough menial servants of the Imperium and this guy is just oozing character.

QuoteMy one possible suggestion would be to add a rack of two or three books  within arms reach - after all as a scribe every piece of information must have a specific place to be noted down, cross-referenced, annotated, adjusted, collated.....

Perhaps he needs a servant to help lug around all these books?  A cherbum perhaps or a servitor on tracks serving as a mobile library.

Flinty

Ha! Beaten me to it (not difficult given my geological modelling pace), and thrashed me hands down on execution! I was thinking about a member for my Dark Mech retinue looking something like this, very nice indeed; consider your idea throughly stolen. Looking forward to seeing this progress.

QuoteA cherbum perhaps or a servitor on tracks serving as a mobile library

My thoughts exactly, a database access point doesn't quite have enough GrimDark about it ...
Neanderthal and Proud!

ismeno

Very "practical" Imperium-ish. Legs are really only in the way for a scribe anyway huh? Most awesome, hope your troubling hand lets you finish it!

kierkegaard

Thanks everyone. I'm glad that you like it.

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on January 23, 2011, 03:56:46 PM
My one possible suggestion would be to add a rack of two or three books  within arms reach
I really like this idea, but his anti-gravity platform just isn't big enough.

Quote from: Alyster Wick on January 23, 2011, 06:31:27 PM
Perhaps he needs a servant to help lug around all these books?  A cherbum perhaps or a servitor on tracks serving as a mobile library.
I also like this idea. Maybe a robed servitor with bionic hands full of books, with books strapped to his body. Perhaps even mechadendrites holding books...

Nice idea.

Quote from: Flinty on January 24, 2011, 07:57:03 AM
consider your idea throughly stolen.
I'm glad that you like it, but it wasn't my idea. I stole it from the guy who placed second (the model on the right of the photo.)

Heroka Vendile

although you can't see him very well in the angle of this photo, there is another child servitor/assisstant holding 2 thick books in a stack in his (bionic, of course,) arms.
said photo
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

kierkegaard

There is a much better view of that model in the back of the printed rulebook. I can't believe that I forgot about it!

Consider me inspired. Thanks for reminding me.

Hadriel Caine

The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: kierkegaard on January 27, 2011, 02:49:26 AM
There is a much better view of that model in the back of the printed rulebook. I can't believe that I forgot about it!

Consider me inspired. Thanks for reminding me.
Ha. I too had forgotten that that's at the back of the rulebook, I just remembered it is a UK GD winner and went hunting on that site for it.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Molotov

Hey Kierkegaard;

Apologies for resurrecting this thread but I was looking through it because I linked it to show it to another poster.

In the Dark Heresy rulebook there's quite a nice bit of art that might be interesting for you. I thought Heroka's idea of more books was a good one - a scribe can never have enough literature about - but obviously there's not enough room and it's difficult to get things to work out.

In the Dark Heresy book, there is an illustration of an Inquisitor; this is part of it, and I think if you could make it into a miniature, it would look very grimdark:

INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

kierkegaard

Another excellent suggestion - this scribe is going to end up with his own retinue if I'm not careful.

I have already started work on a mutant servitor with a tray of books, and I have been kicking around the idea of having a servoskull note taker (as kind of a secretary for him) and now this...

Thanks for the inspiration.