Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Black army space guard!!

Started by mattausten86, January 31, 2011, 01:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattausten86

I have one of these models on the way,and was thinking i could go 2 ways with it,could either use it as a mordian veteran (either way hes going in Kaynes warband) or do some minor conversion work,something like swapping the lasgun for a bolt/auto pistol and maybe giving him a sword or chainsword and use him as a disgraced commissar???

The question is,would a 40K marine bolter be too small for a bolt pistol??but the biggest problem is the CCW,i dont own any Inquisitor scale spare bits,just a buttload of dark angel and ogre kingdom spares,so i was kinda looking for ideas!!!

cheers
matt

psycho

well personally dont see many disgraced commissars.....as they all get shot....or transferred to Penal Legions...so maybe go with the Mordian thing....and secondly...you can use 40K scale Chainswords as INQ chainswords...like marco did with his self sculpted commi...check out the scale when you get the mini and im sure itll be ok

kerby

DapperAnarchist

I like the disgraced Commissar - just have to decide why an Inquisitor would be interested. Could he be a latent psyker? Or have been trapped behind enemy lines, and have vital knowledge about that enemy? Course, he could be a villain, tainted by Xenos or Heresy...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Heroka Vendile

IMHO yes, 40k bolters are too small for INQ bolt pistols, others would disagree though. 40k bolters are great for stubbers though, with minor trimming. As for chainswords, it has become fairly common in the past year on here that people use two 40k chainswords stuck together to create a more slender "truescale" style of chainsword for INQ.

i.e. this model by kierkegaard

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Kaled

Ork weapons are that bit bulkier than marine ones and can work really well on 54mm models. If you're having difficulty finding parts, try the Arcadian Smugglers Ring - either post a request or have a look and see if anyone has said they have bits you need (I've got some pics on my Photobucket of my spares).

I like the disgraced Commissar idea - you just need a story as to how your Inquisitor saved him from execution.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Holiad

Personally, I've found that 40k combat weapons are so oversized they look just fine on an inquisitor scale model, at least in the case of CSM chainswords and power swords-I've used both essentially unmodified, and neither end up looking too small. A disgraced commisar certainly has the potential to be an interesting character, and avoiding execution isn't too hard to justify.
Poor noble Marech
Noone 'till the end could see
Your brave heart of fire

Heroka Vendile

I think the idea of having been sent to a penal legion, which then was used by the Inquisitor in one of his operations, then you say either the commissar was the only penal survivor, or the inquisitor saw something in him, or the inquisitor ended up permanently recruiting the dozen or so survivors, but only the former commissar is left now after several other deadly missions, etc etc

And yes, the Ork range is a good source. Maybe try find someone locally that wants rid of their orks from the 40k starter set.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy