Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Need help to identify : Inquisitor

Started by Oliveraso, February 01, 2011, 08:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliveraso

Hi to all ;

I'm Oliveraso, french collector of unreleased miniatures :D

I have just put my hands on that particular miniatures :

And I cannot recognize him.
It may be an unreleased Inquisitor miniature.
(and yes, it's at least an resin master casting).

Anyone here can help ?

Thanks !

All the best ;

Oliveraso.

MarcoSkoll

I might be wrong, but I don't think it is.

I don't recognise the sculpting style and I'd say it was done by a less experienced sculptor than GW's team, because of the general quality and design. It also doesn't have any of GW's visual trademarks (e.g. the pistol doesn't seem to fit a GW archetype, and there are no obvious GW symbols).

It could be put to good use as an Inquisitor model (with or without conversion), but the general quality, design and imagery of the model doesn't suggest it's anything made by GW.
I can't tell you who the manufacturer might actually be - although perhaps someone else might be able to.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

While it's a very nice looking model, I doubt it's an unreleased GW figure - the helmet design is the big hint. I suspect it's more likely to be a generic sci-fi figure by one of the many many small 54mm producers found throughout europe, although it's certainly not one I've ever seen before.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Kaled

I concur, it doesn't look GW and it doesn't look to be up to the quality of the major manufacturers. I don't know, but I'd guess it's from some small manufacturer or a skilled-amateur / semi-professional cast.

I would be interested to find out where it's from though in case there are other models that might also be suitable for Inquisitor.

What makes you think it's a resin master casting as opposed to one of a small casting run that were all done in resin? Where did you get it? Are there any marks on it that might give a clue as to it's origins?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Alyster Wick

Maybe I'm completely off-base, but it looks possible that someone used the Navis Bodyguard as an armature for that thing.  The gloves/position of the hands, the breakdown of the torso, etc all echo the Bodyguard model.  I could be completely wrong, but the parts breakdown is eerily similar.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Kaled on February 01, 2011, 02:22:43 PMWhat makes you think it's a resin master casting as opposed to one of a small casting run that were all done in resin?
That's something I was wondering. I can't really see anything to imply it's a master casting - without being told that it was supposed to be unreleased, I'd have guessed it was a production model from an obscure manufacturer.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Oliveraso

Quote from: Kaled on February 01, 2011, 02:22:43 PM
Where did you get it? Are there any marks on it that might give a clue as to it's origins?

Where ?
I bought it from a GW staff with some other resin master and unreleased miniatures :)

It doesn't fit with the GW style, you are right, but it's maybe for that reason it was unreleased.

There is a lot of unreleased inquisitor miniatures - Like the first prototypes the perry twins have make for the game .... but that was never released.

Kaled

Maybe it is GW then...

Do you have pics of the prototypes the Perry twins did?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Oliveraso

Quote from: Kaled on February 01, 2011, 03:32:10 PM
Maybe it is GW then...

Do you have pics of the prototypes the Perry twins did?

Hiya ;

Unfortunately not, I know they exist, but .... they are hide somewhere in the collection of a friend  :P.

kierkegaard

The model looks distinctly unimpressive to me. Perhaps seeing it assembled and painted could change my mind.

precinctomega

One of the first prototypes was a 54mm Catachan girl with a heavy bolter. There was a number of others seen at early demo games at Games Day 1998, but this isn't any of those.

The sculpting quality makes me think that it might have been an apprentice piece, by a new recruit.  A number of such models were released, such as the Sister Repentia and Genestealer. I might know the sculptor. I certainly know someone who'll be able to tell if it is a GW sculpt.

The casting looks very good.

R.

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: precinctomega on February 01, 2011, 06:34:22 PM
a 54mm Catachan girl with a heavy bolter.

does any one have the pic? i remember seeing her way back when (WD196-something?) :)

the boots are very GW-esk, but otherwise i echo everyone else.. we need to find the original company, nice clean sculpt and good quality cast could have potential :D
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Kallidor

Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

precinctomega