Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Space Frogs sitting on a lily pad - what to do?

Started by axiom, February 01, 2011, 02:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axiom

Back in 2007 I flirted with the idea of making a 40k Space Slann (Tau Proxy) army. I collected over 50 Space Slann and started making some models. I eventually lost interest and cashed in on most of the models, but kept the three converted 'big Slann' I'd planned to proxy eventually as crisis suits. Here they are:

Geordie Le Frog

Aztec Hat Frog

Boss Frog

Boss Frog was converted for me by my friend Jeff Wilhelm from the limited edition FW slann

So the question is, what to do with these sitting froggies? They're perfect in size for =I=, but are fairly static all sitting on the ground. I could do with some sort of hover platforms for them, and it would be nice to accmpany them with

some more traditional Space Slann, but I can't find any suitable base figures. All suggestions welcome. Ribbet *Ahem*

Lucaren

hey these look sweet
I was thinking for floaty platforms you could maybe use some of the eldar heavy weapon team platforms minus the gun.
I would mayb think of rising them up off the ground a little more than they are though

but they look real good

matt

precinctomega

There's the 65mm Toad Demon model from Eastern Front.  It's not available yet, but preview pics can be seen at the WAMP forums in this thread:

http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showthread.php?6009-Eastern-Front-Studios-Bufo-Demonicus

I know at least one other Conclaver has done a Space Slann as a sort of alien merchant adventurer on a floating platform and it worked brilliantly with him as a central character and a band of bodyguards and servants of various races.  Three of them?  Might be a bit hard to push that.

R.

DapperAnarchist

Three merchant adventurers... with a great knowledge of stars and predictions... and vast wealth... from far away... and, in this case, frogs.

:D
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Alta

With a bit of conversion the Forgeworld Nurgle Plague Toads (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/NURGLE-PLAGUE-TOADS.html) could work.

If you are making them into Slann I would sugggest making the hover platforms look similar to the Slann Mage Priest (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440066a&prodId=prod820842 and http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440066a&prodId=prod820838). From the pic on GW it looks as if those models would be big enough for Inquisitor.
...Few things in life make sense and unfortunately for you I am not one of them...

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: precinctomega on February 01, 2011, 08:39:52 PMI know at least one other Conclaver has done a Space Slann as a sort of alien merchant adventurer on a floating platform and it worked brilliantly with him as a central character and a band of bodyguards and servants of various races.  Three of them?
Inquisitor-garage-sale was the user behind that big collection that went on ebay two years ago. I bought his set of 5 assassins converted from Servorina/Servora. There was indeed a Slaan Mage Priest coverted to be sat on, IIRC, a walking dias that had IG Sentinel legs and he did do several alien mercenary conversions.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Alyster Wick

QuoteThree of them?  Might be a bit hard to push that.

If you go with a sort of three-witches from Macbeth theme with them it could work.  They're a somewhat dysfunctional group and may even work better when not on the battlefield alone.  Although that's more of a matter for the rules/background forum, but I'd suggest making plentiful amounts of goons for them if you go with that thought, which would be a pleasure to see built :)

I like PO's thought on them using bodyguards of various races.  Perhaps they're the only Slann left in their group and utilize other "less advanced" races as cannon fodder.

precinctomega

Building on Alyster Wick's idea, another option might be to play them as a gestalt: one character in three bodies linked by a powerful psychic bond.

R

kierkegaard

Quote from: precinctomega on February 02, 2011, 07:08:06 AM
Building on Alyster Wick's idea, another option might be to play them as a gestalt: one character in three bodies linked by a powerful psychic bond.

This. Definitely.

Stormgrad

thats an awesome idea robey stupendously powerful multi bodied space slann of doom

DapperAnarchist

I still think a Three Kings/Wise Men referencing warband is a great idea...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

axiom

Quote from: precinctomega on February 02, 2011, 07:08:06 AM

R

Excellent idea - sold! Now...I'm thinking some kind of big hover dais with a few comfy cushions and a hookah might look good?

Hadriel Caine

The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Ulgavitch

It depends on what their purpose is: A gestalt is very cool, but what is it's aim? If it's some sort of trading creature, then a hooka pipe, cushions, money bags, gaudy chains of office, slave girls in chains being pulled behind would be brilliant. Also, carefully stashed pistols to make sure they don't get robbed.

But if its a hunted or even powerful psycher, then it'll have objects of power - staffs, amulets, powerful relics. I guess the objects really would come down to what this odd creature does!

Stormgrad

found this on CMoN and thought of this thread, maybe it will help spark your imagination