Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Tank chassis scale?

Started by Flinty, February 06, 2011, 03:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flinty

Im looking to use a tank model to give me a nice set of tracks for a servitor. I assume someone here must have done something llike this before - any idea which scale is going to be a reasonable fit?

I was thinking about 1/48 or would 1/72 be better?
Neanderthal and Proud!

Kaled

Well, it depends how big your servitor is going to be.  However, while a 1:72 tank might well be big enough, it's tracks would be rather small.  You might want to look at tracks from an ork warbike or similar.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Robert_the_damned

I'd say a 1/72 scale tank would be about the right size, if you're looking at WW2 tanks then they will be about 8cm in length give or take. Personally I'd look for something with quite wide tracks as some may be a bit narrow.

DapperAnarchist

Try something non-military, as civilian tracked vehicles seem to usually have wider tracks - JCBs have rather wide tracks.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Morcus

As above the model itself is as important as the scale. If you could get one of those ice crossing things thats like two small tracked boxes joined together in 1/48 I reckon they'd have a nice bulk to the tracks and you'd have two sets.