Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

best shot you've ever done!!!

Started by GAZKUL, February 06, 2011, 09:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAZKUL

a more light hearted topic for a change and one to brag about fantastic shots you've had during games.

basically what was the best shot you've ever pulled off in a game?
"You do not need to prove that you exist because soon you won't"

Ulgavitch

First action, first turn of the game:

'Adeptus Mechanicus Grussan saw the enemy Inquistor Theo in the far distance. Carefully laying the range with his auto-range taker, he drew a bead. The shot rang out. Theo's head exploded from the impact.'

The other player almost cried, but the GM let it ride. I felt so guilty! ;-) My brother later got his revenge.

=][=

psycho

A npc (a teenage girl infact) got captured by my cousins Chaos warband.....my Bounty Hunters (3 brothers) were sent after them....after Hartig was shot in the chest and face and his pistols skidded off the edge of the balcony he had been stood on....the girl calmly picked them up...turned round and put 2 slugs through the Magos eyes....

but the best shot ive ever pulled off was when my Grey Area Ordo Xenos Inquisitor was climbing a ladder....id wathced Alien 4 the night before...so i made her hook his legs through the rungs lean back and blast the enemy climbing up below him....admittedly the GM was a little peeved that i managed to pass the -40% to hit....but Inquisitor Le'Quinnes is still around today...although shes the only one of her warband thats her in one piece (her bodyguard/Inquisitorial Provost Mathias Hellskrom now has a half bionic face after meeting the business end of another Inquisitor's Chainsword)

kerby

GAZKUL

its between

Lazaro saw the cultist sneaking up on his comrade, dispite the fact that the cultist was almost totally concealed behind the Valhallan he calmly levelled his revolver and blew the cultists head off. (we agreed that if he missed then he'd hit the ally, BS of 42.

and

Sergeant Kai Andon marched confidently across the rooftops, following the Inquisitor. he never saw the renegades lying in wait on the opposite rooftop, he never heard the crack of a high velocity rifle, he didn't see the foot long dagger of flame coming out of it's barrel, he never saw the large bore round that blew out the side of his head.
"You do not need to prove that you exist because soon you won't"

MarcoSkoll

Possibly this one.

Inquisitor Skoll is in the middle of a room when the lights are suddenly cut, plunging him into total darkness and he's attacked by an infra-goggle wearing death cult assassin, taking a bad hit to his main arm and dropping his pistol. Then in his turn, he pulls his pistol back into his off-hand telekinetically, then spins around and puts a bullet straight through the assassin's head.

But I say possibly because the whole "offhand backhand pitch-black headshot" loses something when the character has psychic senses that half negate the darkness.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

i was a fan of Herald Claudius Punching a Pit Slave Inna Face then throwing it over a building to land on and incapacitate its master (at the Spring Conclave '10) :D
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Adlan

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on February 07, 2011, 09:36:07 PM
i was a fan of Herald Claudius Punching a Pit Slave Inna Face then throwing it over a building to land on and incapacitate its master (at the Spring Conclave '10) :D

If we're bringing hand to hand into it, I have a few to pick from, but the best shot? Got to be Rifleman Verger, confronted with a knarloc, lobbing a smoke grenade right infront of it's face, then calmly fixing his bayonet and firing wildly into the smoke.

Hardly scratched the thing, but the most memorable shooting based incident I can recall.

Myriad

I recall that well, a classic knarloc incident  :)

If we're going for memorable, when Lady Ylla took careful aim with a needle pistol, shot a guy in the chest just as he turned, and bounced off his ballistic weave (exit pursued by assassin).  And most of the times Ta'Gonn fired his grenade launcher, once or twice even hitting the target.

My favourite shot has to be Krud's near assassination of lord Calleia at the last conclave, although it apparently just gained him the sympathy vote.  Krud also memorably blew up a truck with his fusil, although this didn't slow down Inquisitor Odanadon as much as he'd hoped.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Heroka Vendile

I don't have a best shot anecdote, but I do have one for best psychic rolls ever.
First game of the 2008 IGT, me v VanHelser with IIRC greenstuff_gav(?) GMing.
My daemonhost passed every single psychic test in the game - most of these were with hefty -ve modifiers and involved Psychic Impelling two characters at long range with such force that they basically flew off the edge of the game board (we took it as smashing them through the structures wall into the outside) as well as successfully teleporting half way across the board on a roll that required something like <15.

In the last game of the same day I happened to be against VanHelser again and successfully teleported one of his characters 20 yards straight up into mid air to fall to his near-death.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

precinctomega

I remember GMing a demo game in which a player took a chancy shot at his opponent's tech-priest, hit him, rolled for a head shot, rolled max damage for the lasgun (14) and then rolled another 6 for his Lucky Shot.

Opponent's BIV was 5. No armour. Dead. The other character on the side of the dead guy failed a Nerve test and fled the battlefield. Turn 1, game over.

R.

Dust King

I have two:

Nade Skanek's first scenario, first turn first action: Natural head shot on a goon 30 yards away.

Dirril, breaking from cover he fires semi auto at his attackers, the first 4 shots had a 32% chance to hit, he rolls under 10 for all of them. His second 4 shots have 3 more under 10 and one miss. His attacker fell with a look of surprise etched on his face. After that it was decided he'd earned Just Plain Lucky (although it's "on trial" to avoid jinxing it) 

Aurelius 12

I think the best shot I ever witnessed was in the first game of a campaign I was GMing a few years back.

A dual autopistol wielding mercenary was leading a raid on an Imperial refueling station in an attempt to steal several promethium tankers. Unfortunately he set off the security on his first turn and was kneecapped by one of the guardsmen defending the building before he could cross the forecourt.

One of the Imperial drivers panicked, leapt into his cab and drove straight for the gates, running straight over the poor mercenary. In his agony the guy clenched his fists, unloading both autopistol's into the truck's underbelly. The resulting explosion killed all the raiders, and blew up another of the tankers.

In his defence he couldn't exaclty miss from where he was lying, although given there was only a 5% chance that the tanker had fuel in it, it was a pretty lucky shot!
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

JoelMcKickass

My Inquisitor deflected a Shuriken round back into the opposing Inquisitors head. I felt like a ninja.

psycho

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Whilst this sounds like a cool game i have to say that ive never been a fan of Deflect Shot...as it would only work with bullets (not things such as Las rounds...or even Shuriken shot) and would be almost impossible...i believe that in the search for "fun" some of the realism got left out here......not by you but by the designers.

Having played a mini game with a pal yesterday (hes never played any GW products before and was incredibly skeptical) he practically won the game in his 1st action....

"Nathanial skirted around the corner of the building, his Autopistol held in his right hand, always aware for the enemy. As he rounded the building he spied an enemy stood with a lasrifle cradled in the crook of one arm, like a gamekeeper, and levelled his Auto at the back of the mans head. Spending a few seconds to Aim, he slowly squeezed the trigger as he'd been taught back in basic. The resulting shot entered the back of the mans head, sending bone and brain splattering out through the remaints of his nose".....

lucky bugger....

kerby

Inquisitor Goldeneye

Picture the scene if you will:- My winged mutant with his trusty autogun Vs my opponent's (a notorious power-player who the games-master had yet to reel in properly) Eldar pirate prince, armed to the teeth with exotic Xeno-tech, and a skills list as long as your appendage of choice.

The foul Xeno spots my poor little mutant, and charges in weilding a Diresword (what else?), doing some pretty horrific damage. Thanks to some jammy rolling on my part, however, my mutant remains standing, allbeit just 1 point below his consciousness value.

My turn and I immediatly try to break from combat, then hose down the over-powered alien scum with full-auto blasts from my autogun for the rest of my actions.

I pass all of my action rolls that turn, succeed in my combat break, and empty my clip (or magazine or little-box-what-the-bullets-are-kept-in or whatever) right into the Eldar!

I proceeded to roll a freakish number of hits, I don't remember the exact number, but we agread ot stop rolling damage after the thirteenth or foureteenth one, when it became apparent that the Eldar was now better suited as an aid to straining peas than any kind of combat role.
'A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.' -  William Wordsworth.