Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Riding to war

Started by Necris, February 11, 2011, 10:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necris

Hey all

As I'm coming to the GT I've been looking at my carry case and have come to the conclusion that the foam is woefully in need of replacing.

Where is the best place to buy replacement trays

and which ones are the best trays for Inquisitor minis?

Cheers in advance

T
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Ynek

I can't honestly say that I've got much experience in this department, but I hear that battlefoam is considered the favourite supplier.
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

RobSkib

I have two of these and can honestly say they are the best thing I have ever used to carry models about. I havn't counted, but I can fit about 60 or so in each one, with different sized holes for different sized models, from child psykers to massive daemon princes!

If that's too big for your use (not everyone is a deranged hobbyist like myself) then there's a slightly smaller one here. Can't vouch for this one though, but it looks to be made in exactly the same way, just a little smaller - perfect for a warband and a bunch of NPCs!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Heroka Vendile

I've always thought Battlefoams P.A.C.K. C4 (video demo) would be perfect for Inquisitor, I've been wanting to get one, but the only UK BF supplier I know of (Wayland Games) doesn't stock the 2" pluck version.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

greenstuff_gav

Kaiser all the way :)
i used to use Figures In Comfort exclusively, but don't know what the new owner is like (as the old one was an arch-heretic of highest degree  >:( )
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Necris

Rob - do you have to cut the foam in the flight cases

Gav - The different foam layouts are confusing me, I saw the Inquisitor trays but I couldn't tell if the N4 or D4's would actually house Inq minis and the Tray guide is not overly helpful

Which trays/cases do you use

This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

greenstuff_gav

aye, the site is a royal pain :(
Triple Helix have a load of them labelled up, i'll have a look Tuesday for which ones work best :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

RobSkib

The case comes filled with hundreds of those square foam blocks, and are attached to each other by a thin strip down each side. It's very easy to pull 3x3 or larger blocks out to encompass even the most awkward sized models.

Seems my photography skills are limited to models, so here's a superflash version and a slightly blurry version of the same thing. Each  section is a 3x3 hole that can fit at least two models in, with plenty of foam cubey goodness to pack between the minis so they don't scratch. I hope that helps!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

MarcoSkoll

I've got one of these instead, which is basically the same size as the small aluminium flight case Rob linked above. (I looked at both on the day I bought it, but this one was on slightly better offer, so it's the one I went with.)

It'll do 15 spaces*, and you can usually get two models in each space if you need. I cut the foam slightly more sophisticated than just plucking it. As it didn't have much padding in the base (as opposed to the lid, which is great), I cut a half inch thick layer off the bottom of the foam before I started to shape it to take models.

This isn't hard to do with a good sharp knife (I used a sharp carving knife - much easier than faffing around with a short craft knife), and it gives the models a little more protection.

*Although I "cut" it with my mostly non-metal collection in mind. You might need thicker barriers than I used (or keep back the foam blocks to fill in adjacent spaces) for heavier models, although I have used this for metal models without trouble so far.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles