Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Mechanicum Assassin

Started by Tullio, August 21, 2009, 02:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tullio

Well, it's been a long time coming, but here's my first real conversion for Inquisitor (Cue half-hearted fanfare). She hasn't really got a name yet, or a rank come to that, but I intend her to form part of my Mechanicus warband I'm currently working on. Anyway, without further ado ...

Front

Left

Right

Back

I'm still thinking up ideas for how to do the base, but other than that she's more or less finished. What do you guys think?

Tullio

Myriad

Great stalking pose - plenty of contained menace.  It'd have my characters hiding.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Adlan

Love the weight of the clawed arm, looks good, nice pose. However, could use some more Ad Mechyness. She looks a little unadorned. Maybe some gizmo's, or wires. Just to make her look more servant of the machine god.

Of course, you could do that with the right paint job

Kaled

The pose and the bionic work well for an AdMech assassin, however I think she still needs more gizmos to really give her that AdMech look.  Much as I like the stubber, I think an AdMech assassin ought to have a more unique weapon - this could be something completely new, or you could add some bits to her pistol, maybe a sliencer and a scope, perhaps with a cable running to her helmet.  I also think she'd look good with some long cables/mechadendrites coming from the back of her helmet and maybe some exhaust pipes from her backpack like on this character.  The armoured legs look fine from the front, but are too plain from the back so I'd add some stimm injectors (like on Damien 1427).  Or again, some guitar wire cables might work (I did something like that on the back of the legs of my Tech-Priestess).  Finally a loincloth or some other bit of cloth with a cog pattern might be a good way to show her allegiance.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Charax

Nice to see someone else is going with the Mechanicum assassin theme too (mine's male and a bit more Terminator-y)

I would agree that she could do with some more teching up, but there's not an awful lot of places on the model it could go without looking cluttered
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

Heroka Vendile

I agree that the gun is a bit bog-standard for a character like this. It's nice otherwise though.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Ancelyn

I like the Terminator arm, but it needs to be intergrated into the torso more coherently. Some GS and cables leading into the back pack would help. Probably.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

phil1103

good to see my stolen CSM powerfist idea was put to good use, mate.

she looks good, but what happened to the awsome idea about the implanted shotgun arm? that would have screamed Ad Mech.

other than that, she looks pretty cool.

Phil

DapperAnarchist

The Chaos Lord kit is a wonderful source of parts... And I really like the Assassin - seems that the Zeitgeist is for AdMech (i've got an expanding collection of cobbled together AdMechers, with an assassin coming up soon, after an ElectroPriest.) But yes, it needs more bits - even just some guitar wire and piping.

Its not actually too short - its very thick. I've measured it against other limbs, and the shoulder to elbow is a bit short (though the pad extends it), and the elbow to wrist is fine, but its very thick and bottom heavy...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Tullio

Thanks for all your responses, it's given me something to think about. The gun bothers me as well, in all honesty, the question is how to make it look techier without creating a lot of clutter. As Adlan touched on, I intend the paint job to make her allegiance clearer, as well as cover up some of those conversion sins.

Updates coming somethime over the next few days when I start to paint

Tullio

TheNephew

The way the claw hangs slightly while she runs is good - a little illustration of it's unnatural nature and immense weight.
I'd agree with DA and Ancelyn - the claw and backpack could do with a little touch-up to make it fine.
I think the claw looking short isn't so much of a problem - it's not immediately too obvious to me. Adding a few cables from backpack to spine and backpack to claw would help integrate it all though.
For the gun, something as minimal as an extended clip (laughably easy to do) could serve to differentiate it from the standard-issue pistol.
Regardless, a nice model.

Kaled

Quote from: Tullio on August 23, 2009, 02:24:06 PM
The gun bothers me as well, in all honesty, the question is how to make it look techier without creating a lot of clutter.
TheNephew's idea of an extended clip is good, or you could add a scope from a 28mm marine to the top, or a laser sight under the barrel (like this) could look cool.  And a suppressor is easy to make from a bit of plastic tube.  When it comes to the AdMech though, I'd say that a bit of clutter is not a bad thing.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

BeardMonk

I like this concept.  Simple and actualy quite menacing.  But maybe its a little one sided?  Another implant arm (maybe with range weapon) would eaven up the balance of things?  Or just armour up what you already have.  But not too much as he/she is meant to be an assassin after all. 

I would sugest that  you could add some more "mech-fluff" to the character, wires etc.

But I like what you've done so far.
Life is short, but the doom is long