Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

starting to play

Started by malekith, February 11, 2011, 08:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malekith

I want to start to lean to play but i want to play as a eldar ranger but in the book i download from gw i cant find the rules for him can anyone help me with this

malekith

Kaled

If you look at the sticky thread that says 'LOOK HERE!' you'll find all of the old articles including one on Eldar which has rules for Rangers.

That said, an Eldar is not the best starting character - I highly recommend starting with something like a Guardsman, desperado or enforcer. The rules work best for moderate characters, especially if you're just starting out and learning the rules. Only once you've got a good handle on the game mechanics would I suggest you use 'advanced' characters like xenos, Tech-Priests, psykers etc.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Necris

I concur with Dave on this one 

Start with straight forward easy to play characters with not to many special rules or requirements to learn the basics once you've mastered those you'll start to develop your own characters and rules sets.

Saying that though some of the best and lasting characters like Dave's Inquisitor Kaled or Robey's Inquisitrix Xi or Van Helser's Inquisitor Goddard and my Inquisitor Necris have very few special requirements for them and are for want of a better word straight forward characters, it the character behind the stats that defines each of them.
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Morcus

As above. If you start with a character with lots of special rules you'll quickly get bored as every turn will take forever. Basic types play smoother.