Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Blast weapons

Started by Aurelius 12, February 15, 2011, 12:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurelius 12

Afternoon all.

Quick question about the Area of a blast weapon. The LRB says that 'the area is the distance from the aiming point that the grenade's blast extends'. I presume by this that the area is actually the radius, rather than the diameter of the explosion? That's how I've always played it, but now I re-read the book it doesn't seem as explicit as I first thought.

Any help would be much appreciated!
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

MarcoSkoll

That's fairly explicitly radius, as it talks about how far it extends from the aiming point (although "aiming point" is slightly bad wording, as a grenade does not necessarily hit where it was aimed), ruling out a diameter measurement - which would be worded more like "number of yards across".
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Aurelius 12

Thanks for that. Yeah I just thought I'd read something which used the phrase 'blast radius' explicitly. Still, glad I'd read it properly!
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.