Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Karandras_sh Models

Started by karandras_sh, January 20, 2011, 05:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karandras_sh

After a break from Inquisitor modelling I am back

To start here is Inquisitor K Hunter-Rex
He is armed with 2 Laser cutting swords (I would like to replace the Green Necron rod with a Red or Blue Perspex rod, just havent found the right piece yet)

Side
Rear

Next is Nargotz the Ogryn

Left side
Right side
Rear

Next is Sgt. Major Theo Palvar

Left side
Rear

Ivanna Kiena, Bounty Hunter

Magos Vantheis, Explorator

There are lots more to come just trying to update all the photos I have taken, using my Hama Mini Photo studio
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_1&products_id=101037

All Lies Lead to the Truth

Kaled

I'm not sure Hunter-Rex needed both of those swords - one takes up two hands so unless he's a mutant with another two arms hidden somewhere the second seems superfluous.  Or are they supposed to be different in some way so he's only intended to use one or the other at once rather than both?

I really like the Sgt Major model, but the Tech-Priest is my favourite - I really like the blue and might use a similar colour scheme for my next Tech-Priest.

I remember seeing the bounty hunter with webber and cyber-mastiff in action a year or two ago - it's a great combination.

Oh, and you've got a few typos leading to some broken links...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

karandras_sh

Sorry about the typos, I was using an old Help file I had for posting links and the forum reformatted the Link so it wouldn't work.

@Kaled: Hunter Rex's swords are supposed to be Hand and a half swords, they were originally a lot bigger when first built but were shortened drastically due to being the size of a 2 handed Ogryn weapon.

Alyster Wick

Very imaginative mix.  The Ogryn looks great, did you just mount the fantasy giant's head on an action figure of suitable scale?  A comparison shot would be great as I imagine the thing is quite huge.

The Inquisitor's swords are very Final Fantasy absurd, but it's neat aesthetic IMO.  I love the absurdity that you actually used an entire melee weapon to serve as the hilt.

Nice webber as well, it's a solid collection all around with some very unique and imaginative pieces. 

karandras_sh

The ogryn is actually Heresy Miniatures Resin 54mm Thrudd the Barbarian he is a big old fella, he is nearly head and shoulders and most of his torso taller than my other figures hopefully this comparison picture will show you form Autumn Conclave 09
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g70/Karandras_sh/conclave%20auturm%2009/IMG_1637.jpg

Hunter Rex's Swords where heavily anime related, mainly Gundam universe weapons though.

kierkegaard

Even in the 40K universe, where weapons are ludicrously big, Inquisitor Hunter-Rex's swords couldn't be considered anything less than two handed. Unfortunately, they spoil an otherwise very cool model for me.

I really like Nargotz, apart from the fact that he isn't wearing any trousers...

Pavlar looks great - it is amazing how much difference a couple of little changes make.

I have always liked your bounty hunter model - I don't think that I have seen another Covenant made in to a female character before.

Magos Vantheis is good too. I also like the blue robes.

Great job on all the bases too. I look forward to seeing more of your collection

gwrulz

HA!  I am not the only one to grab Thrudd!
Looking a Space Marine Helmet? I may have one!

karandras_sh

After a month of thinking about it. I am revisiting Hunter-Rex's swords in time for the IGT.

Work in progress

They are 1cm shorter than the previous versions and he will actually be wielding 2 at once as he usually does. The neon tube aren't glued, they just clip in nicely. I would of posted pics of them in place but I don't have any blu-tac atm.

Plus I am working on something very big for my scenario.

Edit: Quick update while waiting for Grey stuff to cure

Aurelius 12

I think they're much better looking!

That said, unless he's left handed something just doesn't look right about his reverse-hold on the right blade. In part I think it's a size issue, (I frequently hold my sword in a reverse grip like that, though I wouldn't want to fight that way!) but it's also to do with the angle of the arm itself; if it were bent so the blade were held vertically downwards it would look better perhaps?
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

Nevermore2010

Just coz the thought occured to me, if your looking for alternative colours for your necron parts... surely lego starwars is the way forward? specifically the lego parts that make up their lightsabers.

and because i'm a nice guy...link
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0035Y18WM/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B002YJPR08&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0CVBSDXAAJJD6AD2KRBF
Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."

Zoe:  "We live in a space ship, dear."

precinctomega

@Nevermore - I was having exactly the same thought.

I think the new swords look really excellent.

R.

karandras_sh

Here is a sneaky peek at my "Something big for my scenario"

Kaled

It's good to see people putting in so much effort for the IGT and it'll be interesting to find out how all this effort translates into scores...

Either way, it looks as if there'll be some rather impressive scenarios being played which will hopefully make for a great event. :)
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat