Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Lady Eleanor's Free Company, IGT thread, pic heavy

Started by Aurelius 12, February 16, 2011, 07:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kierkegaard

I agree with RobSkib - if you want comments, post proper photos  :P

As for Robey and psycho - what the hell are you talking about?  ???

precinctomega

I'm starting to suspect that Nick isn't a proper geek.

He's not one of us! Kill the interloper!

R.

Hadriel Caine

The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

psycho

@Robey....ahhh your into VeeDubs...good man ive got a mk1 Gti thats gettin restored and a V5 bora thats gettin air ride etc lol

@Nick....come on mate youve gotta be a real "geek"...your into toy soldiers after all :P

@Aurelius....GET REAL SHOTS UP!!!!!!! please?

kerby

kierkegaard

Toy soldiers, yes. Transformers, no. Geek? Perhaps.

Sorry to derail the thread.

Aurelius 12

Well I promised you more pictures, pictures where you can actually see what's going on! It's at this point it should become clear part of my teaser ploy was to avoid showing you my rather mediocre brushwork! Still any feedback would be more than appreciated.

First up is something I haven't shown you yet, it's a lifeboat which may or may not (I still haven't decided) make an appearance at the IGT. It's made from the body of a valkyrie and some resin engines (possibly from the FW marauder I think).

I deliberately went for the bright orange, (even though colour doesn't matter much in space) to make it recognisable to players. I also wanted it to have a used and frequently-repainted feel like lifeboats on many passenger ships. (Not because they keep sinking, but because many vessels use lifeboats as small ferries etc. Plus it always amazes me how crudely painted such things are up close.

Anyway, enough waffle. Bring on the boat!

Top-down view.

As landed.

The Underside.
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

Aurelius 12

Double post I know, but I finally got the other pictures to upload!

I've always been something of a vehicle fan, and I thought I'd try making something a little different (and practical!) for a change. I give to you Aurelia Forge's latest in all-terrain personal transport; the mongrel.

Scratch-built from two bike bases, a landraider engine block, bits of a bastion, the door-gun mounts from a valkyrie and the wheels and suspension from a 1:32 apc. Painted blue for your enjoyment.

It hasn't really been weathered yet, beyond oil and grease stains. I think I'll keep the wheels relatively clean but I might be persuaded otherwise!

Oh yes, theres also a security forces version with more armour and the option of a mounted lmg.

Comments and critiques are more than welcome!
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

Hadriel Caine

Worth the wait! The final picture of the life boat captures everything you described and that I also hold to be true about them. The roughness of the paint job and surface is brilliant. The ID number painted over it is suitable rough.

I really like the quads as well. I've rarely used vehicles in inquisitor and have never built any. These are great.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Stormgrad

I like the orange of the lifeboat your right the colour does not matter in space but when you say to players its a life boat well most people from the UK will go oh yeah and thus they wont really need reminding of what it is again the only thing is i cant see an obvious door or hatch for a 54mm model i might just be blind but where does the unfortunate get in before being jettisoned into space.

Heroka Vendile

Those are a great pair of quads, inspired use of all sorts of parts there. :)
The lifeboat looks good too, but how on earth do you come to having spare marauder engines that you can just burn on a project like this???
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

precinctomega

Love them!

I think the lifeboat's colour is perfectly sensible.  It looks like it could make a planetary emergency landing and would need to be bright for the same reason modern lifeboats are bright.

The Mongrels are brilliant and, given the number of kits I can see in their construction, perfectly named.  Are they from the Heinz forgeworld, Type 57?

R.

Aurelius 12

Quote from: precinctomega on March 05, 2011, 08:14:38 PM
Are they from the Heinz forgeworld, Type 57?

They are indeed. They did a limited edition green version for a while, but strangely it didn't sell very well!

kierkegaard

Wow, I love those vehicles. The lifeboat is impressive, but those quad bikes are fantastic. What was the specific 1/32 apc that you used?

Aurelius 12

Sorry for the delay! The wheels are from the 1/35 Trumpeter JGSDF NBC Detection Vehicle, and the JGSDF Type 82 Command Post. Both of which use the same base vehicle.

Oh and the lifeboat door is at the rear, same as the standard Valkyrie!