Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Background: Acolyte Faithful

Started by Gideon Sterne, August 21, 2009, 11:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gideon Sterne

Acolyte Truly Faithful has been a member of Sterne's band for a little over four years, following the events of the Karaboudjani Schism. Sterne had been on Karaboudjan for a decade, infiltrating a secessionist movement in order to steer it - and the planet - onto a course which would make the world, and with it the Paridon Sector, a stronger, more flexible and aggressive place. Unfortunately for Sterne, the renegade Inquisitrix Joanna De'Ath had already sewn the tendrils of sedition and heresy further than he knew. Coinciding with the eruption of Abbadon's 13th Black Crusade, the Karaboudjani erupted into a bloody civil war, fuelled by Chaos and secessionism in equal measure. It was during the hard fighting through the streets of the capital, Ottokaropolis, that Sterne's life was saved by the intervention of a young woman, a novice initiate of the Sisters Hospitaller.

Trapped by fallen masonry, Sterne was greviously wounded. Clad in the uniform of a member of the secessionist militias, Sterne should, in reality, have been ignored or killed by the young novice. Instead, holding to her vows to aid those who required it, she moved the rubble, dragged Sterne from the now-burning building, and tended to his wounds. Impressed by her cool head under fire, her sharp wit and obvious skill as a medic, Sterne revealed his rosette and drew her into his team.

Ever since, she has been his principal medical attendant, as well as an increasingly willing torturer. She will, with time, develop into a first-rate Interrogator thanks to her intelligence and bravery. Usually, she wears the simple white robes of her order over a suit of black and gold rigid flak armour, and carries a large-calibre revolver for personal defence. Since joining Sterne, she has taken to wielding a large sword "to help put my points across", as she puts it. The blade, named Lassiter, is rarely unsheathed, but often admired.

She is 5' 4" tall, with short, black hair and green eyes. Her name, Truly Faithful, was given to her by the Hospitallers after she was left at the order's main temple-hospital in Ottokaropolis as a newborn child. As her name suggests, she believes with all her heart and soul - and will follow the Inquisitor anywhere, seeing him as His right hand.

Inquisitor Cade

It is a bit awkward to have the background in one place and the stats in another. Would you mind editing the stats in?

It is a very nice background, and particularly well written. I see no reason to have dropped the hand flamer though, a high calible revolver seems an even less likely choice.
*Insert token witticism*

MarcoSkoll

The background seems a bit split - the side of "aid those who require it, whomever it may be" versus "get my point across with a sword" & "high calibre revolver" aren't things I'd expect to see in the same person. (I suppose there's some question of what you consider "high calibre" though.)

I'd personally sort it out so that it's more self-consistent.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

My main problem with the character is the name.  It just makes me think of this, which doesn't really conjure up the whole 40k grimdark vibe!  :P
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Inq Leonite

Quote from: Kaled on August 22, 2009, 03:39:39 PM
My main problem with the character is the name.  It just makes me think of this, which doesn't really conjure up the whole 40k grimdark vibe!  :P
Really, my biggest problem is the name too, but mainly because it sounds so cheesy.

Gnaeus Conlitor

I quite like the contrast between the dark gothic setting and the cheesy name. Especially if she goes on to betray someone in true Inquisitor style.
Inquisitor got me in to roleplaying which in turn kick started my writing career. I am eternally grateful.