Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Hunter

Started by Hadriel Caine, February 19, 2011, 03:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hadriel Caine

I have a plan.

Hello again. I know its been a while... sorry about that. I have missed Inquisitor something chronic.
I have an idea for a new character and a model to go with him as part of Romanov's crew.

That's all I'm saying for now other than that I plan to grab the components from my instore bitz box later...

yours teasingly

Adam
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Hadriel Caine

It was one of those moments that I saw a completed miniature in my head and knew I only needed a couple of components to manage it.

and a nice scale shot given that the legs are part scratch built and part resin component

I obviously have a long way to go with GS and cleaning up but I'm pretty happy with him so far.

thoughts?

comments and criticism are always very welcome

Adam
The Fall of Astraea

DapperAnarchist

It... scares me. I like it.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

precinctomega

The Kroothound and Psyberraven really need to be on their own bases for it to work in-game.

The legs look good but odd.  In the first two pics it looks like he's stepping forward, which suits the cold menace of the character, but in the third one he looks like he's in a neutral stance that lacks threat or imminence.  I'm not sure which is right, but obviously it really should be the former.

Currently, his thighs appear extremely chunky, so you might want to do some serious hacking down before adding GS to blend them into the tops of those boots (which I remember you casting - they look a little stiff, but otherwise great).

The belt order and upper-body posture is great, but I just don't get a sense of threat from van Jastobaal's plasma pistol.  It looks like something out of a B movie.

And I really hate lipped bases.  In Warmachine and Malifaux they work, because everyone has them, but in INQ they just look wrong.  IMO.  I know lots of people (e.g. Gav) like them and can't really justify my irrational aversion, so there we go.

R.

Kaled

Where's the raven from? I've been looking for one for a while...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Myriad

This is a really striking model.  It's just 'wrong' enough to somehow creep you out, and the psyber raven and kroot hound add well to the 'wierd' vibe.  It'd be a bit of a shame to base them seperately, but it could be possible to make the kroot hound, at least, detachable.  As Robey outlines, the legs could use a little work, but there's plenty of potential there.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

precinctomega

The raven's from the new Njall Stormcaller model.

R.

kierkegaard

Very odd. I am yet to be convinced about the legs, but I eagerly await the finished product.

I love the use of the Eversor head, and his posse of familiars certainly suggest an interesting character.

EDIT - Dave, have you considered the birds from the plastic Warhammer giant kit?

Hadriel Caine

Thanks for all the responses chaps!

I know he's looking a bit odd at the moment. Robey has it spot on. I need to sort out the top of the legs with GS and some filing down in order to alter the stance a bit.

The idea for using the Eversor's  head was one stolen from George at some point...
I was wanting to use an old space ork bolt gun instead of van yastobal's plasma pistol but I couldn't find one...

I'm keeping the kroot hound on the base as you get two in a blister I can use the other to mark if it strays :)

The psyber eagle will require some kind of marker though.

cheers

Adam
The Fall of Astraea

precinctomega

Why not magnetize it on the base and have a separate base for the kroothound when it's sent after someone?

As for the psyberraven, I wonder if it could be less a familiar than it is like Poe's Raven, simply sitting there and screeching at people and never leaving.  That would also save having to find a version that looks like it's flying.  Otherwise you'll get the impression that the raven's a lazy sod that walks everywhere.

R.

Hadriel Caine

@Robey- thats not a bad idea except I just found out I need a new catalytic converter on my little car... so I can't afford any magnets :P

I think the same about the raven tbh. Just there as an artistic/ psychological detail rather than a playable pet.

I did an hour's sculpting and reposing yesterday and came up with:

I'd converted him a crossbow after Robey suggested that the plasma pistol looked a bit kitsch.

I then realised that the old school smoke grenade launcher I had in my bitz box could be used to make some nice explosively tipped bolts... I may have been playing black ops at the time...

I need to sculpt the Raven some feet and nick some arrows from a friends skellies bitz box but other than that I think this guy is nearly done now :)

then for a really dark and broody paint job.

final thoughts and suggestions whilst I'm tinkering? always value the conclave's opinions.

Adam

and yeah. I am potentially reconsidering the lipped base.
The Fall of Astraea

Adlan

Looks a lot more natural.

And very much in your style.

psycho

i like it...its bold and in your face but still holds some "secrets"
And what car you got Cunis...if you havent already replaced your Cat i might be able to find you one alot cheaper (tricks of the trade mate ;) )

kerby

precinctomega

Also, magnets aren't all that expensive. £5 will buy you what you need. But if you really want to be a cheapskate, then you could just use pins.

R.

Hadriel Caine

@Adlan- thanks mate, I'm much happier with it now.
@psycho- 03 reg fiat punto. I got a temporary weld on the exhaust that should last a week or two but I'm going to need to sort it soonish...
@PO- I'll have a think about it :) incidentally just started a Skrapyard P&M thread over at jolly old warseer that might be of interest :P (general science fiction subforum)
The Fall of Astraea