Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Hunter

Started by Hadriel Caine, February 19, 2011, 03:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancelyn

Another groovy looking model in your inimitable anarchic style ;)
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

Alyster Wick

Really great evocative piece there.  Love the parts combination and the pets definitely add a further dimension.  In combination it makes him look like a crazy steam-punk loner in a grimdark world...

Also, who was it that created those fabulous feet and shin guards again? I remember someone casting them but can't recall who it was.

Hadriel Caine

Oh, hi. Didn't see you there.

So I seem to have a lot of things going on at the moment. I got bored of painting purple again and so hit a bit of a wall with my Dark Eldar. Not that I have many left to paint before they are completed but that's another story for another forum.

OT//

I made some sculpting progress on my Hunter character last week and have today undercoated him. Cleverly I took some pictures of the final composition before covering it up with chaos black:

I am especially thrilled with the legs and feet that I sculpted for the psyber raven:

The image doesn't really show how small that is or how bad at sculpting I usually am.
Additions since my last post include;
-explosive crossbow bolt
-tidied up trousers, greaves and boots
-some nice basing materials
-the aforementioned Crow's feet...

I'm really happy with how this guy is shaping up and am wracking my brains to create a suitably cool and fleshed out character for him that will go beyond the current hazy concept (a word I keep spelling wrong today) that is in the depths of my head.

@Alyster Wick & @Ancelyn- Thanks very much for your kind words.
The shin guards and feet are from Robert_the_Damned's Adeptus Arbite conversion kit. Cast a year or two ago. I bought two at the same time when making 'Narce' Romanov, my Rogue Trader.

thanks for stopping by.

Adam
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Hadriel Caine

Apparently this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.

Sorry about that!
I got the bug again. Did some painting.

I must say that I had a blast painting this fella, I'm also glad, in a way, that I waited as I think I have done a much better job than if I'd painted it in March. March... Gosh that IS a long time ago.

These pictures aren't the greatest ever. I will endeavour to get some shots of him in good light on some terrain asap using my mum's v nice NIKON.

How is everyone? I've missed the Conclave.

A.
The Fall of Astraea

Van Helser

Looking good Adam. I've never really liked the Eversor head, but it looks much better here than it ever did on the assassin.

Good to see you back on the 'Clave.

Ruaridh

Hadriel Caine

Thanks mate, its nice to be working on things again!

Surprised this hasn't generated more interest but the photos aren't the best I suppose.
Still tempted to rebase him. I also need to base and paint his Kroot hound and upload that background...
The Fall of Astraea

RobSkib

I think he's excellent :) I would have personally equipped him with a more exotic weapon alongside the crossbow, but that's just me.

Do you have anything else in the works? Nothing that'll take half a year to complete, I hope!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Zakkeg

I must admit, I was a bit skeptical before the paint went on, but he works. Very Blanche-ian. (Always a good thing to aim for in an Inquisitor mini.) Nice work, mate.

Got to say, though, I'm with Robey on the "lipped base" thing...

Ah well. You're entitled to like things that I don't. Nobody's perfect. ;)
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper; only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

kierkegaard

Hello Adam - good to have you back on here.

I admit that I didn't think much of the legs when it was in the pre-painted state, but now that it is finished, I think that it looks great. Another fine model for your uniquely odd collection.

Hadriel Caine

Thank you for all the responses fellas.

@Ruaridh- it's good to be back, feels like home. The original concept of the evesor head on Slik's body was from George (salarath of the conclave that was) but I didn't like the posing; sgt stone's legs, striding both gun arms horizontal to the ground. I thought/ hoped this would look more natural and sinister.

@RobSkib- It IS a crossbow with an explosive-tipped bolt! Not exotic perhaps but certainly interesting. He originally head a plasma handgun (see early WIPs) I think it was Robey that said it looked cartooney, I felt inclined to agree. I think the strength of this composition is the earthiness and gritty realism (as far as that ever goes in =][= )

As to what's next I have a final member for Narce Romanov's warband to paint. He needs a bit of greenstuff work and I am much more confident with it after my Deathwing project. Shouldn't take too long to complete but there may be WIP shots then a month later a paint job. Other than that I have one of Machelor's PCs to paint up. Might do some further conversion to it first though.

@Zakkeg- Being Blanchian is the highest praise I think I can receive so thank you. Lipped base is under consideration still. Will have a think when I do the next bloke for this group.

@Nick- Thanks, its nice to be back! I am glad you find my collection 'odd', I seem to turn back to Inquisitor when I'm bored of the rank and file (or bone armour as it seems to be at the moment...). I think maybe that if I were to approach the legs again I would do a better job but all the same it turned out ok and was a good learning experience. I am beginning to take my time over things which is rewarding. Also helps to have several projects making progress at once- my painting/ modelling time is stagnating less at the moment than it has in the last few months.

Primarily due to unemployment I must admit...
The Fall of Astraea