Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Star System Generator

Started by Easy E, February 24, 2011, 02:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Easy E

I found this on Scribd.  It is NOT my work, but I see its utility for Inquisitor games and campaigns.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/41375412/Rogue-Trader-Star-System-Creation-Guide

Pretty detailed star system generator, and this non-astronomy guy was impressed with the amount of actual astronomy stuff included.

^Cheapskate^

Allod

Certainly interesting and a great way to provide info on those "filler" planets that are not central to the narrative I think.

Thanks for sharing!

Ynek

Heh. It's a pretty neat system, but no substitute for a little bit of knowledge on planets and a decent imagination. I still prefer to just wing it on these things. Just come out with a few snippets of information about a planet, and you've got yourself a vague idea of what it is. If a player asks a question about it, I spit out a simple answer and jot it down in my GM's notes. And it's through people asking questions, (such as "why doesn't the rogue planet fall into the black hole it orbits?" Answer: "The planet contains a series of ancient relics on the surface, similar to the pylons of Cadia, which seem to have a strange effect of keeping the planet a perfect distance from the black hole at all times...") or certain information needing to be known for the sake of gameplay (Such as: There's a meat packing plant somewhere in the capital city, where the game is taking place,) that my planets typically develop more of a background.

Still, even though I wouldn't have a huge amount of use for it, it's still a good find.
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."