Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The continuing development of Inquisitor Thaddeus's warband.

Started by Ynek, February 27, 2011, 12:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolnikan

She really looks very nice. I especially like the eagle on the corset.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Ynek

I clipped off the worst of the flash and mould-lines from one of my Victoria Murae castings, and undercoated it black to make it easier to photograph. Overall, with the casting, I was pleasantly surprised by how well it came out. ^_^

And Victoria's paintjob is coming along smoothly. At the moment, the main body is complete, and the arms are still in progress. The main body has been varnished with gloss varnish (purely for it's remarkable durability), but once the arms and weapon have been permenantly fixed in place, I'll spray the whole thing with a couple of coats of matte varnish to negate the shininess.

Without the arms:

With the arms:

"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Dolnikan

She is a very nice model to look at, I just wonder, what are the wires going to be attached to?
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Stormgrad

biggreengribbly

Having just tried to copy the mirrored Ravenwing iconography from the Grand Master's chest onto his Landspeeder riding alter ego, you have no idea how much of a bubbling pot of envy I am over that corset-eagle.  >:(

Inquisitor Goldeneye

She looks absolutley fantastic!

Of course, the real challenge with this model is going to be resisting the urge to make lightsaber noises every time you turn on the plasma-blade.

"Sssshhhk, vwom vwom-vwom KSHK KSSHHK vwom vwooomm...."
'A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.' -  William Wordsworth.

Ynek

Quote from: biggreengribbly on April 05, 2011, 06:28:45 PM
envy
I found your use of this word ironic, considering your username has the word 'green' in it, which is often considered to by synonymous with envy.

Sculpting the eagle was actually comparatively easy, compared to the rest of the miniature. I did it in two parts - the body and heads first, followed by the wings later. To do each of these parts, I simply spread a thin layer of green stuff over the surface of her corset and then cut the design into it with short 'pressing' movements with a very sharp hobby knife. (The sharper the knife, the nicer the edge it will leave on the eagle.) By cutting the design into a flat sheet of putty, and then fine-tuning it with a sculpting tool, I got a fairly good result. (Although the heads came out a little wonky... But hopefully the proximity of her funbags will distract people from looking at that particular mistake for too long...)

The only part of the eagle which provided a challenge was keeping it symmetrical. Luckily for me, however, her body curves, so it's never possible to see the entire eagle at any one time, which bought me a little leeway. (The wings aren't perfectly symmetrical. One has a slight downward curve at the feathertips to keep it in line with the shape of the corset. But I'm probably just being my own harshest critic here. ^_^)

Quote from: Inquisitor Goldeneye on April 06, 2011, 10:19:46 PM
She looks absolutley fantastic!
Of course, the real challenge with this model is going to be resisting the urge to make lightsaber noises every time you turn on the plasma-blade.
Now that you've mentioned that, I'm probably gonna end up doing that constantly.

However, I'd imagine that the sound of an active plasma-blade would be closer to a high-temperature furnace than a lightsaber... But still, the aesthetic similarities give licence enough for a good old "vwoom".

Quote from: Dolnikan on April 05, 2011, 08:49:48 AM
She is a very nice model to look at, I just wonder, what are the wires going to be attached to?

The wires carry the elecrtic current from the batteries to the weapon. (Although since my little 'mishap' with the internal circuitry, I've since revised this so that the wires carry the current to both the weapon and the eyes.

Hopefully the latest photographs will answer this question a little better.....

Firstly - a test with a piece of scrap resin (sprue) from my casting process to see if it will make a suitable 'blade'.

And also, some photographs of the point the model is at now... Note how the wires from the backpack now lead to the weapon, completing the electric circuit.

You may also have noticed that the LED at the top of her weapon is no longer lit. I'm not sure what's causing this - probably a broken connection somewhere inside the shaft of the weapon. I don't think I'll be able to fix this without hacking the top half of her plasma blade apart, however....

My money is on it being one of the tiny solder joins in there having broken.... *grumbles*

[EDIT: I also updated the rules discussion thread with the revised rules for Victoria. The rules that I had initially written up for her didn't seem to fit anymore...]
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Dolnikan

The energy blade looks very good, I really like the effect of the LED's.

RobSkib

Brilliant! I love the glowing eyes, that's definitely the first time I've seen someone do that. It's a shame about the other LED though :(
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

ismeno

Ancelyn

Brilliant! I think her Lara Croft boobs might be more of a hinderance than an "ahem" asset ::)
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

Inquisitor Goldeneye

^^^^^^^

Oh, I don't know; as an agent of the Inquisiton she may find it beneficial for no-one to ever remember what her face looks like...

Seriously though, this is a terrific miniature Ynek! Are you going to try and fix the broken L.E.D., or leave the plasma-blade intact?
'A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.' -  William Wordsworth.

judge-minos

What can I say, at the beginning I was not convinced but you really pulled it off beautifully.

The sculpt is awesome, the casting is great and the painting really brings it together.

The shining eyes are a plus, too bad for the weapon.

Can't wait to see what else you'll come up with next (working flame thrower anyone??)

Ciao

Simeon Blackstar

Freakin awesome.

I was going to say it when I saw the painted model, but then I saw LEDs and now I'm really rather jealous.  I'm going to have to think of some way to incorporate lighting effects into some of my models.

kierkegaard

I am not convinced by the slutty dress, but I have to admit that the overall impression of the model is phenomenal. If you fix the second LED and make a complete tube like the test piece for the plasma blade, I think that this will be one of the most impressive modelss I have ever seen.