Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Xeno-team Killer Ballerina updated (new pic)

Started by judge-minos, March 07, 2011, 05:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

judge-minos

After long time I painted a model ;D

She was chosen random so I could do something while putty dried on the other models.

So here is Katri. A model frm Dark age which I modified to look more human, the pose made her look like a dancer so I made her an Assassin from a cult who hid themselves under a dancing troupe cover.

Since Her color is mostly shades of green I nicknamed her the "Jade swan"

Front

Back
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/Judge-Minos/New%20Pictures/Xenos%20Inquistor%20Warband/IMG_7455.jpg

Side
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/Judge-Minos/New%20Pictures/Xenos%20Inquistor%20Warband/IMG_7456.jpg

Comparison shot with well known assassin

and together with one of her Xeno team collegues (Radical Inquisitor)

comments are welcome
Ciao

Adlan

Looks really good, but the streamers from her sword hilts confused me for a while. Two Power Swords? Nasty  ;D

The Visor is also nice.

ismeno

Really cool model and I like the choice of colours, but I have to agree that the streamers look a bit odd. I would have painted them in a contrasting colour to the sword handles or removed them altogether. Really nice warband youv'e got goin there!

Heroka Vendile

She looks great, but I'd agree with the sentiment that the streamers and grip of the swords don't look right in the same colour. My recommendation would be to use brown, black or even red for the grips instead and keep the streamers green.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

judge-minos

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

I think the main problem seems to be the streamers so I will try to paint the weapon grips in a different color and see how it looks.

I might as well chop them off since The final result is not as I was imagining it

Adlan

I figured the streamers were the same colour because they were the left over material from the wrapping on the hilt of the swords.

A Bright Bold, Contrasting Colour might make them work really well, and I kinda like the idea of trailing ribbons following the swirl of power swords as they slice open the emperors foes.

kierkegaard

She looks more Disco than Ballet to me  ;D

I really like the one sided arm and leg armour, and the visor.

judge-minos

Ok guys, I made few modifications to the streamers and I think the look better now

Quote from: kierkegaard on March 07, 2011, 10:51:59 PM

I really like the one sided arm and leg armour, and the visor.
The armor was already on the model, I only had to change the hands, putty the feet into shoes and make the visor, since her eyes were too alien.

Quote from: kierkegaard on March 07, 2011, 10:51:59 PM
She looks more Disco than Ballet to me  ;D

Well is the 40k and ballet might have changed a bit  ;)  In the fluff she used the armor and visor only when in assassination mode while in dancing mode she would remove them

Quote from: Adlan on March 07, 2011, 10:34:35 PM

A Bright Bold, Contrasting Colour might make them work really well, and I kinda like the idea of trailing ribbons following the swirl of power swords as they slice open the emperors foes.

Thanks for the suggestion, The ribbons were a weird idea, I imagined her boldly trow the sword at the throat of the enemy only to catch the streamer at the last second and pull it back to her hand after swirling over her head  :o

Thanks again to all