Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dreadknight

Started by precinctomega, March 09, 2011, 11:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Adlan on March 09, 2011, 01:20:38 PM
It's not big enough for the bais of a 54mm Sentinal is it?
you know, I'd actually say yes, those legs are pretty much the right height, but have fun building the cockpit!
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Nevermore2010

Matrix flash backs...
Still a phenominal model tho, the weapons should be useful but apart from that i think its a little to large for inquisitor... unless you plan to put a guy in one of thos vs a Spacemarine or a Deamon Prince lol
Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."

Zoe:  "We live in a space ship, dear."

MarcoSkoll

IMHO, those legs aren't really right for a sentinel, as the Sentinel has a more digitigrade look.

Being one of those rare people with a  54mm Sentinel build, I know full well the work involved when I say that: If you're already resigning yourself to building the body, it seems a shame not to do the legs properly as well.
So, I'd say you'd probably be better off making it some other walker rather than a poor imitation.

Also, I have to groan at the latest "What's new Today" post, describing the GK army's versatility with the statement that it's "completely malleable".
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Ynek

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on March 10, 2011, 02:13:18 AM
Also, I have to groan at the latest "What's new Today" post, describing the GK army's versatility with the statement that it's "completely malleable".

Considering that the miniatures in question are really just glorified lumps of metal, I suppose that describing it as "malleable" isn't too inaccurate...
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Stormgrad

I think i still want to use them as some kind of Bionic Arms

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Ynek on March 10, 2011, 09:23:39 AMConsidering that the miniatures in question are really just glorified lumps of metal
Nah. More like "glorified lumps of plastic" - as is their current trend, most of it (except the character models) is plastic.

Quote from: Stormgrad on March 10, 2011, 11:36:39 AMI think i still want to use them as some kind of Bionic Arms
Seems like a very big spend for a couple of arms that would probably be well oversize, even for an Inquisitor Space Marine.

I guess you'd be best off finding your local GW and taking some models down there to compare sizes - they're bound to have one on display for the next month or so.

GW's =I= articles

Stormgrad

your probably right mate, well i know the next time ill be at my nearest gw will be in may lol so i might check then i was thinking of using the arms with covenants torso (thinking that the slightly larger scale and bulk of the torso might make them seem less huge) but i think your right i think they would even be slightly to big for a space marine

DapperAnarchist

Eh, between the Furisio and the DreadKnight and the Stormraven I'm getting a bit of a GI Joe feel from the new Space Marine range - small vehicles with incomprehensible numbers of weapons, and no obvious failings. Mary Sue Pattern, as it were. Though yeah, the parts could be very good...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Ynek

Quote from: DapperAnarchist on March 11, 2011, 01:14:41 PM
GI Joe feel

This was one of the reasons I started to turn away from WH40k in general. All the new stuff, particularly the vehicles, are starting to look like something you'd expect to see in a toy shop. Generally, the miniatures are starting to resemble kid's toys, especially things like the 'dark angels fortress' terrain. It looks like some sort of children's playset aimed at 7 year old boys.
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

DapperAnarchist

Well, we're here to keep things weird :D

Though, there are some great things coming out, like the new Skaven stuff, or the Dark Eldar range.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Necris

Having played with the dreadknight sprue today the thing is indeed massive

For scale the hammer head is the same height as a space marine
The sword is twice the height of a dread

the Terminator sprue has some great pieces that can be used on inquisitor minis
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Alyster Wick

Quote from: Necris on March 11, 2011, 07:09:12 PM
Having played with the dreadknight sprue today the thing is indeed massive

For scale the hammer head is the same height as a space marine
The sword is twice the height of a dread

the Terminator sprue has some great pieces that can be used on inquisitor minis

I'm decidedly underwhelmed by the model as a whole, though the more I look at it the more I like individual pieces of it.  I just can't get over the whole "space marine strapped inside a robot" thing, I feel like the gray knights could do better...

That said, any thoughts on if the hands would work being changed out with the INQ Marine Necris?  Bits could be relatively cheap to find separate on ebay, certainly something I'd be willing to shell out 5 bucks for if I could slap it on easily.

Necris

I suspect the hands maybe a bit to big, I must admit I didn't focus on them
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Ynek

Quote from: Necris on March 12, 2011, 04:19:01 PM
I suspect the hands maybe a bit to big, I must admit I didn't focus on them

In which case.... power fists?

MarcoSkoll

Advantage was taken of the Dreadknight on the WHW store table, by putting it alongside the Eldar Ranger I had been turning into a Kaede Mack (but didn't get finished in time):

GW's =I= articles