Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dreadknight

Started by precinctomega, March 09, 2011, 11:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aidan

Hmm... How easy/difficult would it be to separate that minimarine from his chassis? (ie how much of the marine comes stuck to the machine in model's constituent parts, and is it plasic or metal?) If it might be easy to get rid of him, I might be tempted to get one of my archvillains a new robo-suit...

-A.

MarcoSkoll

Plastic, and looking at the sprues on the GW site, the Marine is mostly, if not all, separate. I expect there will also be a "Building the Dreadknight" article on the GW site in the next week or so, and that should be pretty conclusive.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

Hmm... looks like it would be a good basis for the servitor in the back of the Magos and Servitor picture from the rulebook that me and gav both produced sculpts from...
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Heroka Vendile

Getting a hands-on look at the model on Saturday made me like it even more. The fists are definitely the right size for 54mm Space Marines and the weapons are excellent.

He'd perhaps be on the large side for your "standard" praetorian servitor - but who's to say they don't come in XXL?
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Stormgrad

Marco took a shot next to one of his models to get a scale refrence it dwarfed her but im sure as a kit there would be tonnes of usable parts in there to add to your bits box (the hydraulics conecting the shoulders to the gun look roughly the right size and shape for bionic arms possibly)

DapperAnarchist

Its much nicer in person than in photos, I found... In photos, it looks stiff and awkward, but in person it has some lovely flow. This may also be because the one in the local shop was still flat black, and I don't like the "dark silver" look on all the GW Grey Knights...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!